Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

seems siily but

• Please log in to reply

purplehazeus

purplehazeus

• Pip
  • 2 posts
okay. so Maybe I'm missing something but here's what I have

biostar tp43d2-a7
intel 4500 cpu
e-gforce 8400gs vgA
1gb ddr2
650watt cooler master
250gb exelsor
and 2 80gig hdd not connected

All just put togethor. Not a mobo problem I suspect since I just exchanged this one for one that I recently bought that was bad at microcenter. Everything is new except for the harddrives. Everthing else works on another mobo. But it just won't start. Sometimes it starts up for like 3 secs. then powers off. Fans roll lights come up then powers down. I can't see the things I have needing more power, but I could be wrong. Please don't offer read the manual answers, because I've already done that. I put the whole thing togethor and it worked before on the other motherboard there was just a bad controller on it.

So my question is... why does it only come on part of the time and then only for a couple of secs. then power down. Could it be that the connections are wrong for the case front panel.

Oh one more thing. When it does start up it's not because I've pushed the power button on the case. It just comes on when I switch the power on for the pwr supply????

Advertisements

purplehazeus

purplehazeus

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
right so got through this okay but now I have a small problem. I was able to run my system outside of the case so I assume it was shorting because of the case . I went to buy some spacers. which fit nicely in the motherboard but not onto the case. ho do I resolve this?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Spacers are designed for the case, not the board. Their job is to raise the board from the plate to prevent it shorting out.
Your case should have come with the stand-offs that are the appropriate height and thread depth. If not and you're using an old case there should be some spare ones already in there that you can re-use, or if nothing else use them as a guide to find the ones you need to finish the job off.