Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Dell reinstalation problems with XP

• Please log in to reply

DLCarrigo

DLCarrigo

• Pip
  • 2 posts
Mcaffee failed to catch a trojon that crippled Mcaffee after it got in. Was unable to go to a Mcafee site, so Mcafee told me to eliminate all files for it. In doing so I was unable to reload Mcafee from a CD as well. Now I erased my old version of XP that came from Dell preinstalled trying to start over , but I dont know how to find a compreable down load so I can start over. My internal wireless card does not show or work, so I have no access to the net. Help???

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

Now I erased my old version of XP that came from Dell preinstalled trying to start over

Talking about recovery partition?

DLCarrigo

DLCarrigo

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
I got smart and remembered the basic and went to the dell web site and looked up the configeration that dell loaded.......next down loaded the drivers I needed on to a flash and reinstalled XP.........problem solved....thanks anyway

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Nice job :)