Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows Beta 7 Error Code: 0X80070570

• Please log in to reply

RyanG07

RyanG07

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I Signed up and downloaded Windows 7 today and tried to intall. About 6% into expanding the files i get this error code 0X80070570... has anyone else encountered this problem?

Advertisements

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
Do you have Virtual PC on your system as that caused problems with the Vista beta

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Nope, I installed it on a spare hard drive, formatted it, and nothing. The only good explaination that i can think of is that it didn't burn correctly. But I did notice a problems :)

Edited by RyanG07, 10 January 2009 - 04:19 PM.

Essexboy

Essexboy

GeekU Moderator

• Retired Staff
  • 69,964 posts
I have just burned my copy to DVD but I won't be installing till tomorrow. If I get the same problem I will let you know. By the by the error code relates to corrupt file

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
MS recommends you burn at the slowest speed your burner will support. Mine suported 1x, it took a while, but I had NO problems installing and am now dual booting Vista x64 and Win 7 x64

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 10 January 2009 - 04:39 PM.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
That's what the issue is... My burners min speed is at x4 and I'm getting multiple errors while verifying :)

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

That's what the issue is... My burners min speed is at x4 and I'm getting multiple errors while verifying :)

What type and maker of media are you using. Some cheap media will have errors even at the slowest speeds. I know taiyo yuden media is highly praised but hard to find (usually labeled under another name). I burned using Sony media and it worked fine.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

What type and maker of media are you using. Some cheap media will have errors even at the slowest speeds. I know taiyo yuden media is highly praised but hard to find (usually labeled under another name). I burned using Sony media and it worked fine.

I am unsure what media I'm using, here is the device name of my burner; TSSTcorp CD/DVD SH-S162L ATA

Not sure if this will help. But I really appreciate all the help

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Type is DVD-R, DVD+R, DVD-RW...etc.

ImgBurn, which is the free iso burning software i use tells me the maker of my media. Otherwise, I would have NO CLUE as I have the cheap generic no label DVD-R's

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Ooh, yeah I'm using ImgBurn as well. Media being used is DVD-R

Advertisements

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
...and media is made by sony

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Well, hmmm. I'm trying to think of what other options there are.

What version did you download? x64 or x86? If so did you check the MD5 checksum to make sure it d/l right?

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 10 January 2009 - 09:05 PM.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
i got the 32 bit version, i heard about checking the MD5 to see if they both correspond, but i do not know how that process works exactly...

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
You can get a MD5 checksum comparison tool here. This allows you to input an expected MD5 Checksum and then open a file calculate it and it will tell you if they match.

Yours should be: f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

Just run the above program, and copy and paste the above number into the proper box and have it compare them. Since these files are large it may take 30sec - 2min depending on the speed of the computer.

If it doesn't match (even by one digit) then your download is bad and needs to be redone.

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 10 January 2009 - 09:20 PM.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

You can get a MD5 checksum comparison tool here. This allows you to input an expected MD5 Checksum and then open a file calculate it and it will tell you if they match.

Yours should be: f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

Just run the above program, and copy and paste the above number into the proper box and have it compare them. Since these files are large it may take 30sec - 2min depending on the speed of the computer.

If it doesn't match (even by one digit) then your download is bad and needs to be redone.

thank you so much for that link, my download was a bad one. the codes didn't match.

i'll start immediately to download again and hopefully this will solve the issue