Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Installing Windows Beta 7 Error Code: 0X80070570

• Please log in to reply

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

You can get a MD5 checksum comparison tool here. This allows you to input an expected MD5 Checksum and then open a file calculate it and it will tell you if they match.

Yours should be: f9dce6ebd0a63930b44d8ae802b63825

Just run the above program, and copy and paste the above number into the proper box and have it compare them. Since these files are large it may take 30sec - 2min depending on the speed of the computer.

If it doesn't match (even by one digit) then your download is bad and needs to be redone.

thank you so much for that link, my download was a bad one. the codes didn't match.

i'll start immediately to download again and hopefully this will solve the issue

Yeah with a D/L of this size, there is always chances of errors coming into the D/L. The first thing I did was check the MD5, in my case it checked out fine.

Good luck and I hope this works for ya. :)

Edited by PedroDaGR8, 10 January 2009 - 09:40 PM.

Advertisements

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

You can get a MD5 checksum comparison tool here. This allows you to input an expected MD5 Checksum and then open a file calculate it and it will tell you if they match.

Just run the above program, and copy and paste the above number into the proper box and have it compare them. Since these files are large it may take 30sec - 2min depending on the speed of the computer.

If it doesn't match (even by one digit) then your download is bad and needs to be redone.

thank you so much for that link, my download was a bad one. the codes didn't match.

i'll start immediately to download again and hopefully this will solve the issue

Yeah with a D/L of this size, there is always chances of errors coming into the D/L. The first thing I did was check the MD5, in my case it checked out fine.

umm, i downloaded it once again. and it didn't match :)

im sure with 7 being so early that there are no solutions to this right now either :)

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

im sure with 7 being so early that there are no solutions to this right now either :)

Hmmm, odd. There are other ways to get it, but I would trust MS the most.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts

Hmmm, odd. There are other ways to get it, but I would trust MS the most.

yeah i don't want to go through torrents to get this, not my style, lol.
i think the only thing now is to see if i can download and check it from a friends computer.

quickshade

quickshade

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
double check that checksum on microsofts page, maybe he posted a different one.

RyanG07

RyanG07

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 16 posts
Problem has been solved, i burned it at a friends house and compared MD5's and now i'm on Windows 7 as we speak. thanks to all who helped

Edited by RyanG07, 11 January 2009 - 03:19 PM.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts

Problem has been solved, i burned it at a friends house and compared MD5's and now i'm on Windows 7 as we speak. thanks to all who helped

Awesome man. Post in my thread, "Windows 7 - First Impressions" on how you like it/dislike it etc.

liamg27

liamg27

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hey Guys

I see you have sorted this out but thought I would let you know my fix. I had the exact same probs installing it into VMware Workstation 6. Fixed it by setting the hard drive to at least 16GB and allocating all the space when creating it. I think it has problems copying to a vmware "thin disk".

Cheers

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Thanks for the reply liamg27. :) That is a nice thing to know about this error in WMWare, hopefully, anyone who comes to this thread via searche engines researching this error will find this thread helpful

greenwall

greenwall

• Pip
  • 3 posts
I am getting this error, except in slightly different circumstances. I have downloaded the 64 bit version (I have an athlon x2 64) and burned it to a CD, checking the SHA1 and MD5 checksums before doing so (and verifying the data afterwards). I am trying to dual-boot the system, keeping XP on a large partition and putting Win7 on a 100gb partition, which was made using gparted. I have noticed that the installer behaves very strangely, so I would like to see if these occurrences are normal or not.

-After the new Windows logo appears, with "starting windows" below it, the installer goes to a screen with the bluish background and just the cursor. The loading symbol stays for about 15 seconds or so, then disappears and the system just sits on this screen for about 4 minutes doing nothing; no cd reads, no audible reading of the hard drive, nothing.

-Eventually the Windows 7 screen appears that asks for Language, Time and Currency Format, and Keyboard layout. I hit next, then "Install Now" on the nest screen, and a screen that says "Setup is Loading" appears, again with the loading cursor. It sits on this screen for another 4 minutes, with nothing else on the screen.

-Again, eventually the license agreement page comes up. I accept, and then choose to do a custom install for the dual-boot. I choose to use the 100gb ntfs partition I created with gparted and click next.

-On the "Installing Windows" screen, the first step is "copying files." The progress percentage goes from 0% to 100% in one step, taking about 1 second.

-The nest step, "Expanding Files", sits on 0% progress for a couple of minutes. It then slowly creeps to 3%, where this error occurs and I am forced to restart.

What parts of this process are abnormal, and what should I do to try to correct them? I must also note that gparted said it detected "bad sectors" on my hard drive, but I doubt these are the problem; installing linux and windows XP pose no problems. Also the installation never asked for a CD key; perhaps I never got that far.

Any help is appreciated.

Also, to clarify, the full text of the error is "Windows cannot install required files. The file may be corrupt or missing. Make sure all files required for installation are available, and restart the installation. Error code 0x80070570"

Edited by greenwall, 11 January 2009 - 07:15 PM.

Advertisements

quickshade

quickshade

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
All that is normal, it's because you have another Microsoft OS on your computer and it checks that disk and OS for some pre-install crap. I've already sent tons of feedback on making sure that they try and make it easier to understand what the setup is doing at these points and make sure that it doesn't look like the installer is broken. I would double check the disc though, as that seems to be the problem.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Odd, I am dual booting Vista and Win 7 and it installed just fine. Though I created the partition using Vistas partition manager.

greenwall

greenwall

• Pip
  • 3 posts
Using ImgBurn, I created an ISO out of the DVD and compared its checksum to that found here, and it checks out. ImgBurn has checked the disk against the iso and finds no errors, so I don't think it is a disk problem.

Also, the checksum I used was MD5: 773fc9cc60338c612af716a2a14f177d. Can anyone verify that against the 64-bit build 7000 iso?

Edited by greenwall, 11 January 2009 - 09:32 PM.

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Yep that is correct. THat is the MD5 mine has.

quickshade

quickshade

• PipPip
  • 21 posts
Your disc drive might be dirty, or the formatted partition might not be working correctly. how did you partition??