Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Computer overheating

• Please log in to reply

trishh

trishh

• PipPip
  • 47 posts
I got my new laptop less than 1 year ago with Windows Vista. It is a Dell Inspiron 1525 and I know that it isn't exactly for gaming but I thought it should let me play my game anyway. The problem is that it overheats whenever I play Maplestory. After a certain period of time, sometimes even after only 5 minutes, the laptop's screen just turns black like I just held down the power button. It shuts off and I have to let it cool. You can check the game at mapleglobal.com if you need to. I'm sure that I meet all the system requirements.
Here is the system information about the computer.

Posted Image

Under my device manager it says I have the Mobile Intel® 965 Express Chipset Family video card under my display adapters

What should I do to stop this overheating? I already bought several cooling pads but none work. Should I buy a new fan or replace something inside the computer like a video card?
Any help is appreciated!

Edited by trishh, 15 January 2009 - 07:44 PM.

Advertisements

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Hi trishh,

First of have you checked the fans are working? There is also a setting in the BIOS on some machines which allows the fan to always run. Instead of the run when reaches certain temperature.

Someone else will have to advise you on this as Im not 100% how to explain it. I can do it myself but dont know the exact route to take. And as I dont have a laptop at my side, I cant try this out and tell you either.

Let us know how it goes, thanks