Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can it be done?

• Please log in to reply

Devyndrynn

Devyndrynn

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I'd like to partition my hard drive. I have a program that'll let me do that so long as it can delete all files on the drive.

That wouldn't bother me, except I have a computer that came with XP preinstalled. That means I have no XP disk, only some Restore disks which manage to reset all the partitions that I set up. :tazz: <rotten... bloody... Piece of Crap... Last time I buy a prebuilt system.)

Is there a way around this, or should I start saving up to buy a full copy of XP?

Edited by Devyndrynn, 06 May 2005 - 12:42 AM.

Advertisements

gerryf

gerryf

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 11,365 posts
meaning you want to change the partitions on your disk?

partition magic is the easiest to use tool for this, costs about $40 US

You can also try the system rescue disk
http://www.sysresccd.org/

This is a self booting cd that will run linux on your machine from the CD...it contains a copy of partcd, a linux clone of partition magic.