Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Reminents of Anitvirus 2009

• Please log in to reply

paledon71493

paledon71493

• Pip
  • 1 posts
A while back i got Antivirus 2009 and finally got rid of it (at least i thought i did). My computer was running fine and then google stopped working (whenever i clicked a link it would give a blank page and the url would be or something along those lines. The title of the page would be "c.php(GIF Image, 1x1 pixles) - Mozilla Firefox"). This seemed to be what was happening when i had Antivirus 2009 so i got Kaspersky Internet Security 2009 and ran a scan. It found about 5 things (a few were Trojans) and removed them all. After a few more scans with Kaspersky and with Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware i thought i got it all. Now when i run a Kaspersky scan it finds nothing and very time i run Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware it finds Trojan.BHO HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\CLSID\{ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4} in the registry key. It(Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware) says it cannot be removed and will be removed on reboot but whenever i reboots it's still there. If i go in and manually try to remove it it says "Cannot delete {ec43e3fd-5c60-46a6-97d7-e0b85dbdd6c4}: Error while deleting." Could someone please help with this?!?!

Advertisements