Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

no programs except IE will connect to the internet - HELP

• Please log in to reply

bigben1212

bigben1212

• Pip
  • 4 posts
hey guys, im having some problems. No applications except IE can connect to the internet. It all started when I upgraded my AIM, then it suddenly stopped working. Even after uninstalling/reinstalling, it still didnt work. I even tried to install old versions, but to no avail. Also, Itunes cannot connect to the internet. Firefox worked for a while, but it updated itself, and now no versions of it will work. These programs are already allowed through windows firewall, and disabling it did nothing.

on firefox i get this error message : Firefox can't establish a connection to the server at .
on aim i get this error messaage : Connection failed. Try Auto Configure or change settings manually.

I'd appreciate any feedback, thanks.

Advertisements

bigben1212

bigben1212

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 4 posts
anybody have any ideas?