Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need a little help with hard drives, dell dimension 8250

• Please log in to reply

young_fett

young_fett

• Pip
  • 1 posts
i have a dell dimension 8250 with a bum hard drive, im 100% sure the hard drive is toast, so i have attempted to install a hard drive off an original xbox, when i boot it up it says disk drive 0 not found, then if i wait about 30 seconds it detects the hard drive,then quits with windows installation after about 45 seconds, then i have to manually shut it down, anyway will this hard drive even work? or do i have any other options?? thank you in advance for any help rendered

Advertisements

amw_drizz

amw_drizz

• PipPipPip
  • 329 posts
I don't think it will work easily it may require to be formatted on another computer that is running correctly. Someone else may chime in if that is different.

But if it is off an original xbox depending on age of that drive it may be on its way out as well.