Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

DVD Re-Writer Problem

• Please log in to reply

killallviruses

killallviruses

• PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
My sister got a dvd rw drive but we can only watch dvd's on it, not write dvd's cd's or computer files to a disk, there's nothing wrong with the drive itself because tried 2 different ones on her computer and her computer only, whenever i insert a blank disk and go into properties it says that the disk is full and this happens with all blank disks

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
It will do. This is normal.
Write some data to it with a program like Nero and it should then stop claiming it's full.

killallviruses

killallviruses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
I dont have nero

killallviruses

killallviruses

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 290 posts
Is Neil Jones reply the only option available or is there something else I can do

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
There are alternatives to Nero.
Some are listed here: http://www.thefreeco...cdburning.shtml

Anthony19

Anthony19

• PipPipPip
  • 384 posts
just putting my 2 cents in :)

i use ashampoo burning studio 8 ( Paid version, is a trial unless paid for )

you can however if you do not wish to pay for this product can download a free version @ http://www.download....4-10776287.html

i like ashampoo for its features and ability to do several different burning's ( Depending on what it is you wish to burn/do of course ) , i understand nero is a very good program also

i am not dissing or rejecting any other burning program as they are all good in there own way

Good luck on the desision

Anthony