Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

"Lost" HP Scanner

• Please log in to reply

wdc202

wdc202

• PipPipPip
  • 259 posts
I really hate to bother the forum with such a dumb question but .......

I have an HP Scanjet 3500C scanner attached to my W98pc. I haven’t used it for many months. I now find that its icon, that I used to use to activate it, is no longer on my desktop. How can I "find" and activate the device and how can I replace the icon on the desktop? Thank you.

FWIW:

• The desktop icon I used to use to activate it was called “Photography and Scanners” and would show several options (including Scanner Director).

• If I go to CP\Scanners and Cameras I still see that the HP Scanjet 3500 Series device is listed.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Reinstall printer software.

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

Desktop icons are merely shortcuts to existing programs. Look for a HP program group in your program listing. The scanner program should be there. Right mouse click on the program and, either, Send to desktop, (which re-creates the shortcut), or Create shortcut and then cut and paste it to your desktop. This assumes that the program was not removed by the Add remove CP, (but since your system does know what the scanner is....