Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Open Office

• Please log in to reply

Shady

Shady

• PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
Greetings. I didn't know where else to turn for my "problem," so I came here. You guys have yet to fail me. Anyway, the attached file is what I need help with. I bowl in a league and we use this file as an easy way to keep track of payouts (vs paper). What we would like to do (so it's automatic) is have OpenOffice automatically highlight the HIGHEST score in each of the 4 games and series. Also, if possible, have it automatically highlight the LOWEST scores in the "Doubles Results" column. I can't figure out how to do it, or if it's even possible. Thank you guys for all the help.

Side note: Wasn't aware you can't upload *.ods. Can I e-mail this to somebody that wants to mess with it?

Advertisements

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
Can you add an extra "high score" line?

As an example, let's say your data is Scores in B2 to B10 and Names in C2 to C10.

In A1, you put "Highest Score is:"

In B1, = max(B2:B10)

In C1, =vlookup(B1,B2:C10,2,false)

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
ive got a line that does that. i want it to highlight (as in background color) the highest score. im just checking in real quick, but ill try and get a screen shot of the file sometime tonight or tomorrow to get a better understanding.

Shady

Shady

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 202 posts
cant seem to get print screen to work.

Vino Rosso

Vino Rosso

Visiting Staff

• Visiting Consultant
  • 235 posts
To highlight the cell with the highest score...

Can you add an extra "high score" line?

As an example, let's say your data is Scores in B2 to B10 and Names in C2 to C10.

In A1, you put "Highest Score is:"

In B1, = max(B2:B10)

In C1, =vlookup(B1,B2:C10,2,false)

Then highlight the scores B2 to B10 and click Format > Conditional Format...

Condition 1: Cell Value is 'Equal to' > click in the next empty box then click on B1 so that =$B$1 appears
Click the Format button, Patterns, and select the background colour, OK, OK