Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

WINDOWS INSTALLER CLEANUP UTILITY

• Please log in to reply

paulcole

paulcole

• PipPip
  • 90 posts
Trying to help fix a friends computer running windows xp

I was having problems re-installing his drivers to get his lexmark printer to work so was advised to run a program call windows installer cleanup utility
after I downloaded and run this software I think I might have removed vital files for instance iTunes would no longer open and I had to re-install and now I am getting messages when I try to click on word or excell shortcut it is saying the program is no longer there

Although it will let me open outlook ok just does not let me open any attachments

is there a way to restore microsoft office

Appreciate ALL help

Thanks

Advertisements

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
I have located the microsoft office folder and can open word and excell until a message appears saying that the program has not been installed for the current user please run setup to install the application

does this mean I have deleted microsoft office and has to be re-installed or is there another way to open the programs and stop that message?

Thank you

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts
Hello paulcole,

You can try and repair Microsoft Office.

http://office.micros...2372001033.aspx

ePost

ePost

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Hi there

Have you checked if this has to do with malware? Maybe you did do everything correctly - but the malware sabotaged your work. SUPERAntiSpyware and Malwarebyte's Anti-Malware are the 2 most recommended programs. And rightfully so...

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Thanks for the replies

BUT still can not get word or excel to open without the message appearing saying it has not been installed for the current use please run setup to install the application

This message stops me from selecting the help menu and entering the detect and repair option

Can anyone else offer advice?????

makinu1der2

makinu1der2

• PipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Thanks for the replies

BUT still can not get word or excel to open without the message appearing saying it has not been installed for the current use please run setup to install the application

This message stops me from selecting the help menu and entering the detect and repair option

Can anyone else offer advice?????

If you have the Office media then you can reinstall Microsoft Office.

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
Yes I do have the office media and will try and re-install to remed ythe problem

1 question before I do

What will happen to my microsoft outlook and the the various folders I had set up with E-mails

Will I still be able to retreave all my messages and will my folders be organised as before???

Thanks again

paulcole

paulcole

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts
This problem has now been resolved