Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Problem changing resolution

• Please log in to reply

gwadien

gwadien

• Pip
  • 5 posts
Anyone know how to change the resolution of a game OUT of game? - I was being a idiot, and I set the resolution far far too high, and now it wont go back down, i've tried reinstalling, but is there a file I have to edit, and if so, what's the name of the coding that i need to edit?

Thanks =]

Advertisements

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts

Anyone know how to change the resolution of a game OUT of game? - I was being a idiot, and I set the resolution far far too high, and now it wont go back down, i've tried reinstalling, but is there a file I have to edit, and if so, what's the name of the coding that i need to edit?

Thanks =]

Try setting the Resolution to one you know that works on the command line of a shortcut to AOE3..

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/242227 This should work for AOE3. Do not download the file on the site as it is for AOE2. Just create your own shortcut then follow instructions.

Read how it says to change it and set to 800 for example for 800x600 res then you can get into the game and change it back then take the 800 out of command line when your done..

Edited by jrm20, 11 January 2009 - 02:30 PM.

gwadien

gwadien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Thanks, but doesn't work =[

jrm20

jrm20

System building expert

• Retired Staff
  • 2,394 posts
http://www.eggheadca...ost25630809.asp

gwadien

gwadien

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 5 posts
Managed to fix the problem! Thanks! :)

Edited by gwadien, 13 January 2009 - 09:16 AM.