Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

internet connection help! ugh!

• Please log in to reply

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi. I was downloading some football photos from the internet when my AVG8 warned me of a potentially dangerous site. I quickly got off of it, but now I am having trouble with my internet. I ran a full scan using AVG8. It showed something I don't remember what it was called but I had AVG delete them. Then I restarted my computer and thats when all my troubles start. Now I can only connect to the internet using Safe Mode. But I can connect to my Yahoo Messenger in regular mode. So I do have an internet connection because I can use Yahoo Messenger and The XBox 360 Live works for the kids and their computer gets online fine. So in Safe Mode I searched the net for help and used some of the ideas given. So this is what I have tried so far, AVG8, Spyware Slayer, Spybot Search and Destroy, Malwarebytes Anti Maleware, WinsockXpfix and Ad Aware. I have also shut off my Firewall. I think thats it. Still I cannot connect to the internet except in Safemode. I have Windows XP 2 home Edition. I have DSL with AT&T. I have tried connecting with Internet Explorer and FireFox. Any ideas I would greatly appreciate!
Thx for reading,
Ducky

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey Ducky,

Since you can connect to the Internet in Safe Mode with Networking, this suggests to me that it is some form of software / malware still interfering with your connection. Since it all started due to Malware, I'm inclined to say that there's still something lurking around on your system. For this reason, I am going to strongly encourage you to start here, as this should help get your computer cleaned up. If, after following all of these steps, you continue to experience problems, please post back in this thread and we will look further into this.

- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Dan! Thanks for the help. I did everything ya listed. Still no luck. I still cannot connect to the internet unless I'm in Safemode. Any more ideas?

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Okay, if you're confident that your computer is free of infection, then lets try a Selective Startup.
  • Click Start
  • Select Run..
  • Type msconfig and press OK
  • Select the General tab
  • Disable the Load Startup Items option
  • Click OK and restart your computer
*NOTE: Please be aware that doing this will stop all programs from starting up (including any firewall/anti-virus software), it is therefore recommended that you only remain in this setting for testing purposes.

Once your computer reboots, try to connect to google.com; are you able to? To re-enable your startup programs, repeat the above steps and Enable the Load Startup Items option by checking the box.

- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi! Okay I tried what ya said. Didn't work. I Still cant connect to the internet.

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
PS. Hi Dan, Also I always try connecting to the internet with FireFox. I just tried with internet Explorer and it would not connect but gave me this message---> Windows has detected a problem with the Winsock provider catalog on this computer. This catalog allows programs to communicate with this computer across the network. Would you like Windows to reset the catalog to the default configuration. Yes or No....end. I clicked yes and it did its thing and restarted the computer. I still could not connect to the internet. It did give me a Diagnostic log. I don't know if this will help you at all to help me. Also I will mention that my desktop icons take along time to load after the restarts over 1 minute and before my problem started they came up in seconds. Don't know if it means anything or if its another separate issue. Thanks for your help. I anxiously await your reply. Safemode stinks! :)

Last diagnostic run time: 01/19/09 18:02:07 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info \Device\NetBT_Tcpip_{3D1BF5A2-724E-4073-9F76-BD05D05DE27C} protocol is not found in Winsock catalog.
error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed.
action Automated repair: Reset WinSock catalog
action Successfully executed: netsh winsock reset catalog
info System restart required

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Network connection: Name=Internet Connection, Device=Internet Connection, MediaType=SHARED ACCESS HOST LAN, SubMediaType=NONE
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Interesting. That command just did a winsock reset, but can you try the following:
  • Press Start
  • Select Run
  • Type cmd
  • In the new command prompt window, please type the following two commands:
    • netsh winsock reset catalog
    • netsh int ip reset reset.log
  • Once the two commands are finished, please reboot your computer and then attempt to connect to the Internet; are you able to?
If you still cannot connect to the Internet, lets try a clean boot -- I still have a feeling it's a piece of software causing you grief, which would also explain the slow start up times of your computer.
  • Click Start, click Run, type msconfig, and then click OK
  • In the new window, select the General tab and then select Selective Startup
  • Click to clear the Process SYSTEM.INI File check box.
  • Click to clear the Process WIN.INI File check box.
  • Click to clear the Load Startup Items check box. Verify that Load System Services and Use Original BOOT.INI are checked.
  • Click the Services tab.
  • Click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box.
  • Click Disable All, and then click OK.
  • When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.
When the computer reboots, are you able to connect to the Internet?

*NOTE: To return Windows to a normal startup mode, please do the following:
  • Click Start, and then click Run.
  • Type msconfig, and then click OK.
  • Click the General tab, click Normal Startup - load all device drivers and services, and then click OK.
    When you are prompted, click Restart to restart the computer.
- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
I tried the first part and I still could not connect. So I went ahead and did the clean boot thingy. On restart I got real excited cuz my desktop icons loaded immediately!! I thought for sure I was going to be able to connect to the internet, but....No luck! :) Should I go ahead and do the third step --->(*NOTE: To return Windows to a normal startup mode) before we try anything else?

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Okay then, maybe it's not software interference. For the moment, leave it in a clean boot state. Can you please download LSPFix and run it whilst you're in normal mode. When you run it, don't click finish; please just tell me whether it says it detects any problems or not. Simply close it using the 'x'.

Also, while you're in normal mode, please do the following:
  • Press Start
  • Select Run
  • Type cmd
  • In the new command prompt window, type ipconfig /all > C:\ip.txt
On your C: drive you will find the text file 'ip.txt'; please open that file and post the contents in your next response.

- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Dan The LSP Fix found no errors and here is the IP Text. I don't know if it helps at all but I will mention that my son's computer uses the same internet as mine with a wireless thingy connected to my modem and his internet works fine. Also his xbox 360 is connected to my modem( with ethernet cord) so he can play online with friends and that works fine too.

Windows IP Configuration

Host Name . . . . . . . . . . . . : owner-462820b12

Primary Dns Suffix . . . . . . . :

Node Type . . . . . . . . . . . . : Unknown

IP Routing Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

WINS Proxy Enabled. . . . . . . . : No

DNS Suffix Search List. . . . . . : Belkin

Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection:

Connection-specific DNS Suffix . : Belkin

Description . . . . . . . . . . . : Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC

Physical Address. . . . . . . . . : 00-15-F2-A9-E2-9D

Dhcp Enabled. . . . . . . . . . . : Yes

Autoconfiguration Enabled . . . . : Yes

IP Address. . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.2

Subnet Mask . . . . . . . . . . . : 255.255.255.0

Default Gateway . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DHCP Server . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

DNS Servers . . . . . . . . . . . : 192.168.2.1

Lease Obtained. . . . . . . . . . : Tuesday, January 20, 2009 6:21:17 AM

Lease Expires . . . . . . . . . . : Monday, January 18, 2038 10:14:07 PM

Advertisements

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Just to make sure -- you ran the ipconfig whilst in normal mode? Not in safe mode? It's looking like your computer is receiving a connection fine; we'll test your DNS settings.

Whilst in normal mode, please do the following:
  • Press Start
  • Select Run
  • Type cmd and press OK
  • In the new command prompt window, type nslookup google.com > C:\nslookup.txt
  • Navigate to your C: drive and open the text file nslookup.txt -- please copy/paste the contents of this file into your next response.
Also, please run the Network Diagnostics utility:
  • Goto Start, Run, type: NETSH DIAG GUI - press 'OK'. A Command Prompt window will open temporarily; don't touch it, it will disappear in a moment.
  • A Microsoft Help and Support window will then open; select the option Scan your system.
  • Wait for the scan to finish and then scroll down to the heading Modems and Network Adapters. Look at Network Adapters (don't expand it yet). Beside your connection information, you should see a green PASSED; if you do not (if you see a red 'FAILED') then expand Network Adapters, scroll down the list until you see the heading with the 'FAILED', expand that option and copy and paste the results here.
    *NOTE: In the NETSH DIAG GUI, you should be looking for any red 'FAILED', however the key one is Network Adapters for you. If you see any other red FAILED, expand the component and copy the results.
When you open Internet Explorer, does it still claim that you have a WINSOCK error? For some reason I still think this is software related -- we'll see :)

- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
**Yep I was definitely in Normal Mode. I'm being very careful to follow your directions accurately :)
okay here are the results for the google thing

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Server: UnKnown
Address: 192.168.2.1

DNS request timed out.
timeout was 2 seconds.
Name: google.com
Address: 72.14.205.100

**and here are the results of the Network Diagnostics utility
Show Saved Files
Internet Service
Default Outlook Express Mail pop.att.yahoo.com / smtp.att.yahoo.com FAILED
InBoundMailPort = 995
InBoundMailServer = pop.att.yahoo.com (PASSED)
Pinging pop-sbc.mail.fy4.b.yahoo.com [68.142.229.13] with 32 bytes of data:
Reply from 68.142.229.13: bytes=32 time=33ms TTL=33
Reply from 68.142.229.13: bytes=32 time=34ms TTL=34
Ping statistics for 68.142.229.13:
Packets: Sent = 4, Received = 4, Lost = 0 (0% loss)
Approximate round trip times in milli-seconds:
Minimum = 33ms, Maximum = 34ms, Average = 33ms

**and here is the winsock error results

Last diagnostic run time: 01/20/09 22:09:35 WinSock Diagnostic
WinSock status

info Error attmpting to validate the Winsock base providers: 2
error Not all base service provider entries could be found in the winsock catalog. A reset is needed.
info Redirecting user to support call

Network Adapter Diagnostic
Network location detection

info Using home Internet connection
Network adapter identification

info Network connection: Name=Local Area Connection, Device=Realtek RTL8139 Family PCI Fast Ethernet NIC, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=LAN
info Network connection: Name=1394 Connection, Device=1394 Net Adapter, MediaType=LAN, SubMediaType=1394
info Network connection: Name=Internet Connection, Device=Internet Connection, MediaType=SHARED ACCESS HOST LAN, SubMediaType=NONE
info Ethernet connection selected
Network adapter status

info Network connection status: Connected

HTTP, HTTPS, FTP Diagnostic
HTTP, HTTPS, FTP connectivity

warn FTP (Passive): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn FTP (Active): Error 12029 connecting to ftp.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.microsoft.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTP: Error 12029 connecting to www.hotmail.com: A connection with the server could not be established
warn HTTPS: Error 12029 connecting to www.passport.net: A connection with the server could not be established
error Could not make an HTTP connection.
error Could not make an HTTPS connection.
error Could not make an FTP connection.

~Kathy~

Edited by CheekyDucky, 21 January 2009 - 05:27 PM.

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Thanks for posting the Network Diagnostics log; to save some room, can you please delete it now -- it's fairly lengthy and I have a copy of it now :)

I'm going to get you to reset your DNS settings now, so can you please try the following whilst in normal mode.
Reset DNS settings:
  • Press Start
  • Select Run
  • Type cmd and press OK
  • In the new command prompt window, type ipconfig /flushdns
  • Attempt to connect to the Internet; if you are not able to, restart your computer. Upon reboot, if you still cannot connect to the Internet, open a new command prompt window and type ipconfig /registerdns -- attempt to connect to the Internet; are you able to? If not, restart your computer and try again.
If you still cannot connect to the Internet, please download HijackThis and install it. If your computer is not still in a clean boot state, can you please repeat the steps I posted earlier and then restart it. Once the computer starts up, can you please launch HijackThis and then select the option Open the Misc Tools section -- select Generate StartupList log. Save the startup list in a safe location. Now select the option Open Uninstall Manager and then click Save list -- save it to a safe location.

Please post the contents of the startup list and the uninstall list.

- Dan

CheekyDucky

CheekyDucky

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Hi Dan, Here are the results of the Startup List
StartupList report, 1/21/2009, 6:11:29 PM
StartupList version: 1.52.2
Started from : C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.EXE
Detected: Windows XP SP2 (WinNT 5.01.2600)
Detected: Internet Explorer v7.00 (7.00.6000.16762)
* Using default options
==================================================

Running processes:

C:\WINDOWS\System32\smss.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\winlogon.exe
C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgrsx.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\services.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\lsass.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\spoolsv.exe
C:\WINDOWS\Explorer.EXE
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\soft602\pdfSaver.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\browser\ycommon.exe
C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehRecvr.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\LogiShrd\LComMgr\Communications_Helper.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\ymsgr_tray.exe
C:\WINDOWS\eHome\ehSched.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\KHAL2\KHALMNPR.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\system32\HPZipm12.exe
C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\SSDK02.exe
C:\Program Files\Common Files\Logishrd\LQCVFX\COCIManager.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\msiexec.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\dllhost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\System32\svchost.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\wuauclt.exe
C:\WINDOWS\system32\NOTEPAD.EXE
C:\Program Files\Trend Micro\HijackThis\HijackThis.exe

--------------------------------------------------

Listing of startup folders:

Shell folders Common Startup:
[C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Start Menu\Programs\Startup]
HP Digital Imaging Monitor.lnk = C:\Program Files\Hp\Digital Imaging\bin\hpqtra08.exe
Logitech SetPoint.lnk = C:\Program Files\Logitech\SetPoint\SetPoint.exe

Checking Windows NT UserInit:

[HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon]
UserInit = C:\WINDOWS\system32\userinit.exe,

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Symantec PIF AlertEng = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\PIFSvc.exe" /a /m "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\PIF\{B8E1DD85-8582-4c61-B58F-2F227FCA9A08}\AlertEng.dll"
YOP = C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\YOP\yop.exe /autostart
SpySweeper = "C:\Program Files\Webroot\Spy Sweeper\SpySweeper.exe" /startintray
LogitechQuickCamRibbon = "C:\Program Files\Logitech\QuickCam\Quickcam.exe" /hide
Logitech Hardware Abstraction Layer = KHALMNPR.EXE
Kernel and Hardware Abstraction Layer = KHALMNPR.EXE
ccApp = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\Symantec Shared\ccApp.exe"
AVG8_TRAY = C:\PROGRA~1\AVG\AVG8\avgtray.exe
602PC SUITE PDF Saver = "C:\Program Files\Common Files\soft602\pdfSaver.exe"

Autorun entries from Registry:
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

Yahoo! Pager = "C:\PROGRA~1\Yahoo!\MESSEN~1\YAHOOM~1.EXE" -quiet
ctfmon.exe = C:\WINDOWS\system32\ctfmon.exe
swg = C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\GoogleToolbarNotifier.exe

Autorun entries in Registry subkeys of:
HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run

[OptionalComponents]
=

Load/Run keys from C:\WINDOWS\WIN.INI:

load=*INI section not found*
run=*INI section not found*

Load/Run keys from Registry:

HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry value not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: load=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows\CurrentVersion\WinLogon: run=*Registry key not found*
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=
HKCU\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: load=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: run=*Registry value not found*
HKLM\..\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\Windows: AppInit_DLLs=avgrsstx.dll

Shell & screensaver key from C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM.INI:

Shell=*INI section not found*
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*INI section not found*
drivers=*INI section not found*

Shell & screensaver key from Registry:

Shell=Explorer.exe
SCRNSAVE.EXE=*Registry value not found*
drivers=*Registry value not found*

Policies Shell key:

HKCU\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry key not found*
HKLM\..\Policies: Shell=*Registry value not found*

Enumerating Browser Helper Objects:

(no name) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Companion\Installs\cpn8\yt.dll - {02478D38-C3F9-4EFB-9B51-7695ECA05670}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Adobe\Acrobat\ActiveX\AcroIEHelper.dll - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3}
WormRadar.com IESiteBlocker.NavFilter - C:\Program Files\AVG\AVG8\avgssie.dll - {3CA2F312-6F6E-4B53-A66E-4E65E497C8C0}
Yahoo! IE Suggest - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\SearchSuggest\YSearchSuggest.dll - {5A263CF7-56A6-4D68-A8CF-345BE45BC911}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yiesrvc.dll - {5BAB4B5B-68BC-4B02-94D6-2FC0DE4A7897}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\ssv.dll - {761497BB-D6F0-462C-B6EB-D4DAF1D92D43}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Common Files\Microsoft Shared\Windows Live\WindowsLiveLogin.dll - {9030D464-4C02-4ABF-8ECC-5164760863C6}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Slingshot\ties\dlIE.dll - {9527D42F-D666-11D3-B8DD-00600838CD5F}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\AdBlocker\PopupBlocker.dll - {A25A30C9-6D9A-46D0-A92C-05ABD82A83AE}
(no name) - c:\program files\google\googletoolbar1.dll - {AA58ED58-01DD-4d91-8333-CF10577473F7}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Google\GoogleToolbarNotifier\5.0.926.3450\swg.dll - {AF69DE43-7D58-4638-B6FA-CE66B5AD205D}
Google Dictionary Compression sdch - C:\Program Files\Google\Google Toolbar\Component\fastsearch_219B3E1547538286.dll - {C84D72FE-E17D-4195-BB24-76C02E2E7C4E}
(no name) - C:\PROGRA~1\Inbox\Shared\CShared.dll - {DB35C569-5624-4CFC-8043-E5139F55A073}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\bin\jp2ssv.dll - {DBC80044-A445-435b-BC74-9C25C1C588A9}
JQSIEStartDetectorImpl - C:\Program Files\Java\jre6\lib\deploy\jqs\ie\jqs_plugin.dll - {E7E6F031-17CE-4C07-BC86-EABFE594F69C}
SWEETIE - C:\Program Files\SweetIM\Toolbars\Internet Explorer\mgToolbarIE.dll - {EEE6C35C-6118-11DC-9C72-001320C79847}
(no name) - C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YSidebarIEBHO.dll - {F2AA9440-6328-4933-B7C9-A6CCDF9CBF6D}

Enumerating Task Scheduler jobs:

1-Click Maintenance.job
EasyShare Registration Task.job
GoogleUpdateTaskUserS-1-5-21-1229272821-113007714-839522115-1003.job
mnvqbpuq.job

Enumerating Download Program Files:

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDir.dll
CODEBASE = http://download.macr...director/sw.cab

[Windows Genuine Advantage Validation Tool]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\LegitCheckControl.DLL
CODEBASE = http://go.microsoft....k/?linkid=39204

[Checkers Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\msgrchkr.dll
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zon...kr.cab56986.cab

[yucsetreg Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\yucconfig.dll
CODEBASE = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\common\yucconfig.dll

[Shockwave ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Adobe\Director\SwDir.dll
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.ma...director/sw.cab

[Installation Support]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll
CODEBASE = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\Common\Yinsthelper.dll

[MUWebControl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\muweb.dll
CODEBASE = http://update.micros...b?1180640797013

[{8FFBE65D-2C9C-4669-84BD-5829DC0B603C}]
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload.ma...t/ultrashim.cab

[YbUploadFavsCtl Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Yahoo!\browser\YbConvFav.dll
CODEBASE = http://beta.bookmark...m/YbConvFav.CAB

[Shutterfly Picture Upload Plugin]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\sfuploadplugin.ocx
CODEBASE = http://web1.shutterf...ds/Uploader.cab

[MessengerStatsClient Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CONFLICT.1\MessengerStatsPAClient.dll
CODEBASE = http://messenger.zon...nt.cab56907.cab

[Crystal Report Viewer Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\CRViewer.dll
CODEBASE = http://crystal.vetsu...tivexviewer.cab

[RockYou Image Uploader Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\RockYouImageUploader.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.rockyou.c...ageUploader.cab

[Shockwave Flash Object]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\system32\Macromed\Flash\Flash9f.ocx
CODEBASE = http://fpdownload2.m...ash/swflash.cab

[Imikimi_activex_plugin Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\PROGRA~1\Imikimi\IMIKIM~1.0\IMIKIM~1.OCX
CODEBASE = http://imikimi.com/d...lugin_0.5.0.cab

[AxisMediaControlEmb Class]
InProcServer32 = C:\Program Files\Axis Communications\AXIS Media Control Embedded\AxisMediaControlEmb.dll
CODEBASE = http://webcam1.pghar...activex/AMC.cab

[Driver Agent ActiveX Control]
InProcServer32 = C:\WINDOWS\Downloaded Program Files\driveragent.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.driverage...driveragent.cab

[Creative Software AutoUpdate Support Package]
InProcServer32 = C:\PROGRA~1\Creative\SHARED~1\SOFTWA~1\CTPID.ocx
CODEBASE = http://www.creative....15105/CTPID.cab

[{FFFFFFFF-CACE-BABE-BABE-00AA0055595A}]
CODEBASE = http://www.trueswitc...eInstallSBC.exe

Enumerating ShellServiceObjectDelayLoad items:

PostBootReminder: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
CDBurn: C:\WINDOWS\system32\SHELL32.dll
WebCheck: C:\WINDOWS\system32\webcheck.dll
SysTray: C:\WINDOWS\system32\stobject.dll
WPDShServiceObj: C:\WINDOWS\system32\WPDShServiceObj.dll

End of report, 11,931 bytes
Report generated in 0.032 seconds

Command line options:
/verbose - to add additional info on each section
/complete - to include empty sections and unsuspicious data
/full - to include several rarely-important sections
/force9x - to include Win9x-only startups even if running on WinNT
/forcent - to include WinNT-only startups even if running on Win9x
/forceall - to include all Win9x and WinNT startups, regardless of platform
/history - to list version history only

--------------------------------------------------------------
--------------------------------------------------------------

and here are the results of the Uninstall List
4U AVI MPEG Converter (version 5.3.8)
Adobe Acrobat 5.0
Adobe Acrobat and Reader 8.1.2 Security Update 1 (KB403742)
Adobe Flash Player 10 Plugin
Adobe Flash Player ActiveX
Adobe Reader 8.1.2
Adobe Shockwave Player 11
Adobe® Photoshop® Album Starter Edition 3.0
AOL Instant Messenger
AppCore
Apple Mobile Device Support
Apple Software Update
ArcSoft MediaConverter 2
AT&T Self Support Tool
AT&T Yahoo! Music Jukebox
ATI Control Panel
ATI Display Driver
Audacity 1.2.6
AudibleManager
avast! Antivirus
AVG Free 8.0
AXIS Media Control Embedded
Before You Know It 3.6
Bink and Smacker
Bonjour
BroadJump Client Foundation
BUM
Camstreams Media Encoder
CamStudio
CardRd81
ccCommon
CCScore
CDBurnerXP Pro 3
CDDRV_Installer
CR2
Crazy Browser version 2.0.1
Creative MediaSource 5
Creative MuVo V100
Creative Software AutoUpdate
Creative System Information
Digsby
ERUNT 1.1j
ESSBrwr
ESSCDBK
ESScore
ESSgui
ESSini
ESSPCD
ESSPDock
ESSSONIC
ESSTOOLS
essvatgt
Expstudio Audio Editor FREE
fflink
FotoMorph
FoxyTunes for Firefox
Google Earth
Google Earth
Google Toolbar for Internet Explorer
Google Updater
GTK+ Runtime 2.12.8 rev a (remove only)
HijackThis 2.0.2
Hotfix for Windows Media Format 11 SDK (KB929399)
Hotfix for Windows Media Format SDK (KB902344)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 10 (KB903157)
Hotfix for Windows Media Player 11 (KB939683)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB888795)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB891593)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB895961)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB896344)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899337)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB899510)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB902841)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB914440)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB915865)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB926239)
Hotfix for Windows XP (KB952287)
HP PSC & OfficeJet 4.7
HP Software Update
HP Software Update
ICQ6
imo
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 10
J2SE Runtime Environment 5.0 Update 11
Java™ 6 Update 11
Java™ 6 Update 2
Java™ 6 Update 3
Java™ 6 Update 5
Java™ 6 Update 7
Java™ SE Runtime Environment 6 Update 1
kgcbaby
kgcbase
kgchday
kgchlwn
kgcinvt
kgckids
kgcmove
kgcvday
KhalInstallWrapper
K-Meleon 1.5.0 en-US (remove only)
Kodak EasyShare software
Lernout & Hauspie TruVoice American English TTS Engine
LiveUpdate BVRP Software
LiveUpdate Notice (Symantec Corporation)
Logitech Audio Echo Cancellation Component
Logitech Desktop Messenger
Logitech Legacy USB Camera Driver Package
Logitech QuickCam
Logitech QuickCam Driver Package
Logitech SetPoint
Logitech Video Enumerator
Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware
Media Library Management Wizard
MGI PhotoSuite III SE (Remove Only)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB887998)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 Hotfix (KB930494)
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1
Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 Hotfix (KB928366)
Microsoft .NET Framework 2.0 Service Pack 1
Microsoft Base Smart Card Cryptographic Service Provider Package
Microsoft Compression Client Pack 1.0 for Windows XP
Microsoft Internationalized Domain Names Mitigation APIs
Microsoft National Language Support Downlevel APIs
Microsoft Office PowerPoint Viewer 2003
Microsoft Text-to-Speech Engine 4.0 (English)
Microsoft User-Mode Driver Framework Feature Pack 1.0
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C++ 2005 Redistributable
Microsoft Web Publishing Wizard 1.52
mobile PhoneTools
Movie Maker Background Music Files
Movie Maker Sound Effects
Movie Maker Title Images
Mozilla Firefox (3.0.5)
MSRedist
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB927978)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB936181)
MSXML 4.0 SP2 (KB954430)
MusicETC v5.8 5.8
MVision
My HP Games
MySpaceIM
netbrdg
Norton AntiVirus 2006
Norton Internet Security
Norton Protection Center
Office Suite 2006
OfotoXMI
Paint Shop Pro 7
PaltalkScene
Personal License Update Wizard for Windows Media Player
Photo Viewer S3.0
Pivot Stickfigure Animator
Player Recovery Drivers
Plus! MP3 Audio Converter LE
Print Workshop 2004 LE
Qnext
QuickTime
RealPlayer
Realtek AC'97 Audio
RealWorld Change Cursor
Sansa Media Converter
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for CAPICOM (KB931906)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB938127-v2)
Security Update for Windows Internet Explorer 7 (KB958215)
Security Update for Windows Media Player (KB952069)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB917734)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB936782)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 11 (KB954154)
Security Update for Windows Media Player 6.4 (KB925398)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918118)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB918899)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB920213)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB921503)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB922760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923689)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923694)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923789)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB923980)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924270)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924496)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB924667)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925454)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB925902)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB926436)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927779)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB927802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928090)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928255)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB928843)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929123)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB929969)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB930178)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931261)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931768)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB931784)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB932168)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933566)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB933729)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB935840)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB936021)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937143)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB937894)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938127)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938464)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB938829)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB939653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941202)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941568)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941569)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB941693)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB942615)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943055)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943460)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB943485)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944533)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB944653)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB945553)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946026)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB946648)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948590)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB948881)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950749)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950760)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950762)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB950974)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951066)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951376-v2)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951698)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB951748)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB952954)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB953839)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954211)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB954600)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB955069)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956391)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956802)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956803)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB956841)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957095)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB957097)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958644)
Security Update for Windows XP (KB958687)
SFR
SFR2
SHASTA
Shockwave
skin0001
SKINXSDK
Skype™ 3.8
staticcr
SweetIM for Messenger 2.5
SweetIM Toolbar for Internet Explorer 3.1
Symantec
The Print Shop 20
tooltips
TuneUp Utilities 2009
TVUPlayer 2.4.0.1
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB913800)
Update for Windows Media Player 10 (KB926251)
Update for Windows XP (KB904942)
Update for Windows XP (KB927891)
Update for Windows XP (KB929338)
Update for Windows XP (KB930916)
Update for Windows XP (KB931836)
Update for Windows XP (KB932823-v3)
Update for Windows XP (KB933360)
Update for Windows XP (KB938828)
Update for Windows XP (KB942763)
Update for Windows XP (KB942840)
Update for Windows XP (KB946627)
Update for Windows XP (KB951072-v2)
Update for Windows XP (KB955839)
Update Rollup 2 for Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005
VPRINTOL
Windows Internet Explorer 7
Windows Live installer
Windows Live Messenger
Windows Live OneCare safety scanner
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant
Windows Media Bonus Pack for Windows XP
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Format 11 runtime
Windows Media Format SDK Hotfix - KB891122
Windows Media Player 10 Hotfix - KB895316
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player 11
Windows Media Player Firefox Plugin
Windows Media Player Playlist Import to Excel Wizard
Windows Media Player Skin Importer
Windows Media Player Tray Control
Windows XP Creativity Fun Packs - Windows Movie Maker 2
Windows XP Media Center Edition 2005 KB925766
Windows XP Winter Fun Pack for Windows Movie Maker 2
WinZip
WIRELESS

Dan

Dan

Trusted Tech

• Retired Staff
  • 1,771 posts
Hey Ducky,

The main issue I see is that you have alot of security software installed; often times multiple anti-virus applications can conflict with each other and cause problems.

avast! Antivirus
AVG Free 8.0
Norton AntiVirus 2006
Norton Internet Security
Norton Protection Center
Symantec

I also saw a process for Yahoo Online Protection -- if possible can you please uninstall this? You may reinstall it at a later date if you so choose.

I suggest that you uninstall all of the above applications except for one; I recommend keeping either avast! or AVG Free. Please uninstall the rest of these applications and then restart your computer -- can you connect to the Internet?

If you still cannot connect to the Internet, can you please go to this link and download the Guided Help. Install and run it -- select the option to Do it automatically -- this is a slightly more indepth clean boot. Once your computer restarts, please create another startup list using HijackThis and post it.

Thanks,
Dan.