Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

quick time home movies to CD

• Please log in to reply

buddy3030

buddy3030

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have been using taking pictures and videos with a Panaonic Lumix DMC-L-Z2. I would take videos of my grandson's basktball games and download then to the computer and burn to a CD.... Iwhen I would connect my camera a box would pop up asking what I wanted to do...I always click on the same thing...think it was a picture wizard and it would aask me where I wanted to save and what name to give the pictures and vidoes and how to label them.....the movies were in Quick time... then I would use my external Nero to burn a CD....It was great...

Problems started when I got a new printer...a lexmark X3650 to replace my X73.....when I went to download my videos and pictures from my camera...the choice i had always used was not there...and the printer's chioce was.....I didn't like it and made many phone calls aabout it and started to use the Camera's soft ware which is Arcsoft.....didn't like that either...but it did do the job....

Then I decdied I wanted a camcorder...bought and used (ONCE) a JVC GZ330...hated it and returned it to the store....I uninstalled all its software and then took new videos with my old Lumix....downloaded them to my computer using the Arcsoft.....and then tried to burn them to a CD...when I tried to load the files of the videos to the Nero....pops up:

nero vision express 3 unable to insert C./DOCUMENTS&SETINGS/JOE/MY DOCUMENTS/ MY PICTURES/BASKETBALL 6/101092009/P1060818 MOV

so I tieid downloading the video clips using the printer software...same thing happens....there are opter fil clips in the same file that I downloaded before downloading the JVC software that Nero will burn.....

so right now I have unistalled the printer and the cmaera software and wondering if I should unistall the Nero and start all over...if this would help?

I have a little computer knowledge, but not much self taught.....I have a dell 4500 and run windows xp....I have very little memory (a question for another time as I would like to add morememory)

I enjoy wrking with my pictures and videos. I use Muvie software to make movies and slide shows with my pictures. I then burn them and store them in my external hrd drive....

I am at my wits end....staying up till the middle of the night rying to figure this out....

Can anyone out there help me?

I have to leve here in about an hour, but will be home later today....

Thanks for any and all help....

Judy

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Hi Judy,

Sorry you didn't get a response to your question. Everyone's a little busy. Do you still need help resolving your problem?

buddy3030

buddy3030

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
thanks for asking... I uninstalled and reinstalled my external Nero and that did the job...not sure why i didn't do that sooner...reistalled the printer and the camera but not the Nero.

thanks, Judy

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
Ok... I'm glad you got it worked out! :)