Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Buying a new computer/I have some strange error

• Please log in to reply

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• PipPip
  • 98 posts
Hello!

I new to this forum and I already have two questions. I'm pretty new to computers but I'm very intrested to learn.

First problem.

When I try to run some installing programs (games and otehr programs) I get a "error" message. It's in finish but I'll try to translate. ;)
C:\WINNT\SYSTEM32\AUTOEXEC.NT. Can not be used to run DOS- Windows program. Can you tell me what does this nmean and how can I fix it.

My other question is:

What kind of computer should I buy?

I use computer for chatting over the net and playing some games sometimes but I also use it for bussines. I would like to make my computer faster. So I need to know what kind of computer should I buy.

Currebtly I have:

Windows 2000
1500Mhz
Pentium 4
261 616 kt Ram

What otehr things do I need to tell?

Ps.

I had problems with my pc when I got a virus. I had Windows Me then but the computer crashed totally and I wouldn't open anymore. So I didn't have any choise but changin it to win2000 after trying to install Windows NT on my computer several times. After succefully installing Me on my computer I haven't had anyproblems. Hopefully this helped answering the first question :tazz:

Sorry for my possible spelling errors.

Edited by Dedrivudd, 06 May 2005 - 06:31 AM.

Advertisements

thakid

thakid

• PipPipPip
  • 132 posts
welll to the 2 ? I would say buy what they call a "gaming computer " It is made just for games and keep the one you got for ur bizness and this way you will never really mess up two comps at the same time * hopefully * lol

Dedrivudd

Dedrivudd

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 98 posts
Well I was thinking keeping one computer... well maybe that will work!