Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Monitor blank

• Please log in to reply

thatslifeabc

thatslifeabc

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I had to move my pc from one desk to another and unplugged everything from back of pc and power outlet. After plugging everything back in my monitor screen stays black after turning pc on. All lights are green and all connections are in. What have I done wrong? Thank you.

Advertisements

PedroDaGR8

PedroDaGR8

• PipPipPip
  • 786 posts
Have you tried rehooking it up just to see what happens? Does the monitor show a ghost image of what is on the screen if you shine a flashlight on it?

Is this the only monitor attached to the computer?

thatslifeabc

thatslifeabc

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Thanks for replying. Yes, it is the only monitor hooked to it. No, there is no image showing when I shine a flashlight on it. Everything worked fine until I unplugged it all and moved some furnitue and then replugged everything. I have plugged and unplugged. Turned on and turned off and still get a black screen.