Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Icons Disappeared

• Please log in to reply

yakmaster

yakmaster

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
I turned on my computer when I got home from work Friday and noticed that my desktop icons had disappeared. At first I thought it was just a fluke because I have a one year old that likes to tap on my keyboard. I now put it out of his reach and thought that if I hit a key or two, the icons would reappear. They haven't. Im stumped on how to bring them back. I even tried to open my start menu and send the icons to my desktop but that didnt work and trying to rearrange them through my task manager but that didnt work. Any suggestions. Thanks :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
CTRL+ALT+DEL to open Task Manager. Click on "New Task" button.
Type in:
explorer
Click OK.

yakmaster

yakmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Ok, I did that and pulled up all of my files, folders, desktop, ect. I opened up one of my icons and tried to "send" it to my desktop so it would pop up. No luck.

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts

I opened up one of my icons and tried to "send" it to my desktop so it would pop up

I'm not sure, what you're saying here.

ePost

ePost

• Pip
  • 8 posts
Have you tried this: right-click a blank area on the desktop, and then click Arrange Icons. Then you select Show Icons on Desktop.

It's a Windows thing. Or bug. It can jump out of setting by itself.

yakmaster

yakmaster

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Hey thanks. I tried the right click and poof here they are. I never knew that could be done. THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!!