Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Parent controls.....

• Please log in to reply

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
I just installed Vista today, i tried to install Bioshock and it said "Parent control access denied"....i looked all over the web to get this straightend out, w/ no luck...i tried the stuff it tells me to do , but nothing works...is there a way that i can just take that [bleep] parent control totaly out of my PC?

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Is it your computer, or parents' computer?

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
its my computer, i am the parent, im also the only person on this computer which makes me the admin.....ive installed left 4 dead, doom3, overlord, crysis, and call of duty 5 world at war.....why isnt it letting Bioshock thru?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Go Start>Run, type in:
services.msc
Click OK.

In services window, find "Parental Controls" service, and stop it.
Try to install game again.

Edited by Broni, 12 January 2009 - 01:00 AM.

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i stopped and disabled it, i still get this message "Parent controll access denied. The game will now exit." any other suggestions would be great, thx again

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Did you restart computer after making those changes?

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
yes, still gave me that message, i went back to see if it was still disabled ...and it is, Vista isnt much of a gaming station is it?....Guitar hero 3 is telling me that my "computer isnt modified yet"...any other ideas?

JSntgRvr

JSntgRvr

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 11,579 posts
Please download the enclosed folder. [attachment=26312:Perms.zip]Save and extract its contents to the desktop. Once downloaded open the Perms folder and right click on the RunMe.bat and select "Run as an Administrator". Since you are running VISTA, and error will be experience. Ignore the error and a report will be produced.

Please post the contents of that report in your next reply.

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
i fixed the problem.....seems Vista is the problem so i formatted and put on a fresh copy of xp pro, Vista lasted about 24 hrs on my computer.....is that a record?........thx for all the replys and help