Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Playing Windows 95-98 games in Vista

• Please log in to reply

katiellen

katiellen

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have used Dosbox to play dos games in Windows XP. Now that I have vista I find I can't play some games for Windows 95-98 in Vista. I can play these games in Windows XP Pro. Is there something like Dosbox or any other way to play these games in Vista. One game is "Sorry" by Hasbro. Thanks

Advertisements

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
if you have an old Windows 98SE disc removed suggestion that violates our TOU you could install it via VMWare or Virtual PC.

Its how i run my old Sim games and Doom and stuff :)

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
casemonster,

Please reread the TOU you agreed to when you joined our site. We don't tolerate the use of pirated software.

katiellen

katiellen

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
What in the world are you talking about. Nothing like that going on here. Get your facts straight before you start to slander someone. VMWare is perfectly legal. It is open ware.

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
katiellen, I'm not referring to the VMWare. I edited a suggestion from the above post the recommended using illegal software - I left the portion of the post that is legitimate.

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Yup, the slandering was appropriate...

sari

sari

GeekU Admin

• Community Leader
  • 21,806 posts
  • MVP
Slandering? Slander would imply that I was giving false information about you. In fact, you did specifically post that an illegitimate version of software should be used if a legitimate version could not be obtained. That is strictly against our forum rules, and it's not slander in any way to ask you to abide by those rules. You agreed to them when you joined the forum, and we have the right to edit any posts that we feel are not appropriate.

casemonster

casemonster

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Whoa i was just kidding about the slandering part. sorry