Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

systamatics Needs help

• Please log in to reply

systamatics

systamatics

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
HI , wat do u think about this ?

3.00 GHz - E84001333MHz/6M Core 2 Duo - 197$
Intel DP35DP w/Sound+SATA+Firewire+1GB Lan& PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs - NO PS2 - NO FDD - 122 $
thermaltake powersupply silent - 121 $
Samsung 750 gb 7200 rpm - s-ata II - 32 mb - 107$
point of view geforce GTX 260 EXO 896 mb DDR3 dual w/tv - 361$
LG w2042s Wide 20" TFT - 204$
Samsung SH - s223f - 22x DVDRW - dual layer black Sata - 40$
2 GB * 2 GB DDR2 Ram - 53$
PCE 800 va ups - 50$+
a table ( 50$ ) + speakers (40$ ) + empty case[i dont know wat to get] ( 70$ ) + mouse and keyboard (25$ ) + printer scanner (62$)
And thats about 1482$

Are all the parts compatible ?

is there any part that is too much , and the system cant use it fully??( like the Gtx )
thanks you

Advertisements

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Any help with this??

Is the gtx 260 too much for the screen?

and are all the parts compatabile ?

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Hi systamatics, welcome to Geeks To Go!

Where are you getting your prices from? Maybe we can find a much better deal for you.

Brand would probably what I would change, like for you motherboard, I'd go with Asus or Gigabyte.

How big is that power supply you picked? 600W? 700W?

And what's Point of View on that video card you picked? Is that a brand name? I've never heard of it.
The native resolution of a 20" monitor would be 1680x1050. Picking the right video card would depend on what resolution you'll be playing at and what kind of games you're going to play. I would say a 9800GTX+ would be sufficient with that native resolution but it all depends on what games you play.

Hope that helps,
Kamille

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Some things have changed
and i live in lebanon , im gettin the prices from an online store here.

1X Point Of View Incognito Case for $77.00

1X Thermaltake W0106RE ToughPower 700W PSU for $185.00

1X Intel P4 E8400 3.00GHz 6MB - Core 2 DUO 1333MHz - LGA775 Original Boxed for $179.00

1X Intel DP35DP w/Sound+SATA+Firewire+1GB Lan& PCI Express for $110.00

2X Kingston 2GB DDR2-800 PC2-6400 for $24.00/each

1X Samsung 750GB 7200RPM S-ATA II 32MB Hard Drive + SATA Adapter for $99.00

1X Samsung SH-S223F 22X DVDRW - Dual Layer Black SATA for $27.00

1X Point Of View Geforce GTX 260 EXO 896MB DDR3 Dual w/TV-OUT for $328.00

1X LG W2042S Wide 20" LCD Monitor for $185.00

1X Mercury SW-2500 2500W 2.1 for $33.00

1X Genius NetScroll 120 Optical Mouse USB Black for $5.50

1X Genius PS2 Keyboard KB-06XE Black for $7.50

1X Mercury 1200 VA UPS for $109.00 ( minimum required )

1X HP PSC F2280 (printer, scanner&copier) + USB Cable for $59.00

1X Assembly $10.00

Discount

Subtotal of complete system would be $1457.00

Total with 10% V.A.T. and $9.00 volume shipping of Complete system within Beirut area would be $1613.00USD only.

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
This is the site of point of view http://www.pointofview-online.com
and i intend to play all kind of games on it.

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
Can you find a Powersupply from Corsair, PC Power & Cooling, Antec, or Silverstone that's cheaper than the Thermaltake?

Can you find this motherboard from that online store?

I still think a 9800GTX+ would be enough for you if you want to save some money. Try to get a video card from EVGA, XFX or BFG as they have better warranty. POV only covers a year of warranty.

All looks good to me.
Kamille

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
well this is the online store.
http://www.pcandparts.com

kamille316

kamille316

• PipPipPip
  • 604 posts
I suggest you go with this motherboard Asus P5QL Pro P45 w/ Sound+1GB Lan+Firewire(DDR2), it costs $116 however it doesn't come with Firewire (even if the title says it does, I have researched and everywhere I look it says no Firewire).

This board is better as it uses the newer chipset (P43) than the Intel board (P35) and also the PCI-Express slot is 2.0 and not the older x16. This Asus board also supports up to 16GB of RAM (up to DDR2-1066) compared to the Intel's 8GB of RAM (up to DDR2-800). Not that you'll need more than 4GB but now you have more options :)

And how about this video card: BFG Geforce GTX 260 896MB DDR3 Dual w/TV ( order ) for $299.00. I read somewhere that the warranty is 10 years (in EU) if registered within 30 days of purchase. It is a lifetime warranty here in North America, not so sure about the rest of the world.

This is the only 9800GTX+ they have (other than the POV version) and I believe the warranty is only one year: Inno3D Geforce 9800GTX+ 512MB GDDR3 w/TV for $219.00. If you want to save some money, go with this 9800GTX+ as it should work great on your 20" monitor.

Everything else looks great.

Kamille

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks.
What about the prices? are they good?

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
im willing to lower the cost so i need to ask if i should change the motherboard from

Intel DP35DP w/Sound+SATA+Firewire+1GB Lan& PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs - NO PS2 - NO FDD 110$

TO

Intel DG35EC w/VGA+Sound+SATA+1GB Lan&PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs - NO FDD 87$

OR

Intel DG43NB w/VGA+Sound+SATA+Firewire+1GB Lan&PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs - NO FDD 104$

Intel DG31PR w/VGA+Sound+SATA+Lan& PCI Express(DDR2) Supports 1333Mhz CPUs
60$

TM_Skylark

TM_Skylark

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
On my website, I've included a complete checklist which will ensure that all of your parts work with all of the other parts. I suggest you thumb through it before you complete your purchase.

I've included the list here for your convenience:

The formatting got a bit messed up, if you want you can find it in it's original form [link removed]

* CPU
o CPU Socket Type matches Motherboard Socket Type
o CPU FSB is equal to or lower than the Motherboard FSB
+ In the case of AMD, CPU HyperTransport is equal to or lower than the Motherboard HyperTransport
o Motherboard BIOS can support your CPU (not an issue unless you’re purchasing a very low quality motherboard along with an excellent CPU)
* CPU Cooler

o CPU Cooler compatible with CPU type
* RAM
o RAM type compatible with Motherboard (DDR2 DDR3)
o RAM amount under maximum amount of RAM motherboard can support
o Your RAM is divided in this manner:
+ If motherboard has dual channel, your RAM must be in a multiple of two
+ If motherboard has triple channel, your RAM must be in a multiple of three
o Motherboard has one slot available for every stick of RAM you plan on using
* Video Card
o Motherboard has one slot available for the video card (PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 x16, etc.)
o If running in SLI, both the video cards and motherboard must support SLI
o If running in Crossfire, both the video cards and motherboard must support Crossfire
* Sound Card
o Motherboard has one slot available for the sound card (PCI Express, PCI Express 2.0 x16, etc.)
* Hard Drive
o Motherboard has one SATA slot for each hard drive you have. SATA 1.5 GB/s and SATA 3.0 GB/s are compatible with one another.
o If you’re running RAID 0, your hard drives should be the same
o If you’re running RAID 1, your hard drives should have the same size
o If you’re running RAID at all, make sure your motherboard supports the specific type of RAID you intend to use
* Other Drives
o Check which slot each drive uses and make sure there’s an available slot for each drive on the motherboard. Generally, each drive will take one SATA slot while a floppy drive has its own special connector.
o If you use a floppy drive, make sure your motherboard supports floppy drives
* Power Supply Unit
o Make sure it has the connector that your motherboard requires. A 20+4 pin connector can satisfy either a 20 or 24 pin adapter on the motherboard.
o If you’re using a single or dual core CPU, make sure that you have one 4 pin connector in order to power it.
o If you’re using a quad core CPU, make sure that you have two 4 pin connectors in order to power it.
o Make sure that there’s enough 4 pin molex connectors for all of your drives (usually not an issue because the molex connectors can extend off of each other).
o If you’re using a floppy drive, you need to make sure that there’s a floppy drive (4 pin Berg) connector
o Check your cards to see if there are any power requirements – sometimes the video or sound card requires power. If so, make sure your power supply has these connectors.
* Motherboard
o All of the motherboard requirements have been discussed earlier
* Case
o Check the form factors on each of your drives
+ Any drives that can be accessed from the outside (CD drives, Floppy drives, etc) require an external drive bay of the correct form factor (3.5 inch, 5.25 inch, etc)
+ Most hard drive today have a form factor of 3.5 inches – if so, then make sure your case has an internal 3.5 inch drive bay for each hard drive.
o Check the form factor of your motherboard (ATX, Micro ATX, Tower ATX, etc.) Make sure that your case supports this form factor.
o Check the form factor of your power supply. Make sure that your case supports this form factor.
o Especially in small cases, powerful recent graphics cards have a tendency to not fit properly. If you’re purchasing a small case, find out whether or not large video cards will fit – this might require some work on your part.

Edited by admin, 14 January 2009 - 03:37 PM.
link removed

systamatics

systamatics

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
Thanks skylark .
thats very usefull

anyway the following question is very had to answer , since we only have this problem in lebanon[electricity problem] , the man said that i need a " MGE Nova 1250VA UPS w/ Power Management USB Port for $169.00 in order to support properly the PSU of your case. "
Do i really need this???

Troy

Troy

Tech Staff

• Technician
  • 8,841 posts
Clean, stable power is a must in the world of electronics, if you want any form of stability.

If the power in Lebanon isn't at a high standard, a UPS device would be highly recommended.

Troy