Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Need to chkdsk automatically

• Please log in to reply

mpete

mpete

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi,

I have Registry Mechanic, Spybot and ATT virus scan on my computer. Now everytime I move my mouse whatever it stops on will open and open about 10 times. I get a message that the file teatimer is corrupt and that i need to run chkdsk. That is a part of Spybot. Registry Mechanic is not working as it will not allow me to do a chkdsk through Registry mechanic or upon startup. I cannot go through the CMD because everytime I open a command window it just keeps giving me the c: prompt over and over. I can on type 1 letter before the prompt runs again. The run command is the same way...it only allows for one key and it trys to execute that. This happens in safe mode as well. If I try to go through the properties of the C drive the window just opens then disappears. How can I stop the multiple screen in order to get to the chkdsk feature?

mpete

Advertisements

Mark D

Mark D

• PipPipPip
  • 341 posts
Howszit?

Try disconnecting your mouse when the system is off. See if it will allow you to navigate without 10 things opening...