Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Shuttle PCI express

• Please log in to reply

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• PipPip
  • 12 posts
I recently was given a NVIDIA GeForce 9800GT ( http://www.ebuyer.com/product/155030 ) as a present but my computer has no PCI express slots so i was going to buy a new motherboard so i can use it. My problem is that i'm currently using a ShuttleX computer which is very small and has its own type of small montherboard ( http://www.gamer-hea...289_shuttle.jpg its about 7 inches tall). After a long time searching i couldn't find any Shuttle motherboards which had PCI express ports on them. Anyone here know of any of these, or a 9000 Series Graphics card that i can run off an AGP/ PCI slot ?

Edit: Typos

Edited by Gwalchgwyn, 12 January 2009 - 03:40 PM.

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Everything in a Shuttle case is totally unique. The boards are unique, the PSUs are unique (so you probably can't run that 9800GT off it anyway) and the things are built down to a spec that pretty much renders them non-upgradeable.

If you've got the exact model number of your ShuttleX we can have a look on the website at the specifications but I'd be surprised if you can get much else in it. They're nice but they're a pain when they break.

Gwalchgwyn

Gwalchgwyn

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 12 posts
So if a new motherboard is a no, what would be the best cost-effective method? A new motherbaord+case?

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
Realistically, yes.