Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Computer Will turn on when it wants too! Please Help

• Please log in to reply

sryounger83

sryounger83

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I just built my first computer and it turned on beautifully on my first try! I was so excited. I turned the computer off and added the final hard drive and then I tried to turn the computer on and NOTHING! I checked all the connections and kept trying and nothing. After being pissed I walked away from it for probably 20 minutes, came back and checked the connections again and it turned on. I was excited again! I then began to fiddle with it some more to get everything right and what not (details you know) and then I decided to get rid of a hard drive. After unplugging it from the sata port I tried to turn the computer back on and NOTHING!!!! PLEASE HELP ME FIGURE OUT WHY IT KEEPS DOING THIS!!! AND HOW DO I CHECK OR CONFIRM TO FIX!!!!

Advertisements

Neil Jones

Neil Jones

Member 5k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,476 posts
This sounds like an issue with the hard drive in question since it only behaves in that fashion with regards to that hard drive. Is it only after attaching said drive does the system play up?

sryounger83

sryounger83

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
No I don't think so. The hard drive when re connected in the same configuration as before the computer still does not boot up.