Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Chipset drivers

• Please log in to reply

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
i need drivers for a Radeon xpress 1100 motherboard.....thx

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
AMD, or Intel processor?

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
Crap Broni, u had to ask me that didnt u.....lol, hmmm, i know its intel pentium 4 3.0 gig...but thats just the chip isnt it. Let me go more into detail, i formatted from Vista, in my device manager i have a " ? " beside "sm bus controller". Computer is running fine but im pretty sure i should get that driver.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts

sm bus controller

You need to install chipset driver to get rid of that error.

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
ok.....i downloaded everest home edition, it tells me that it doesnt support my motherboard ( go figure )...but it did tell me that it was a ATI radeon express 200, motherboard name unknown, motherboard properties is blank. I went to ATI,s website and matched up w/ ATI radeon xpress 200 and downloaded the chipset/graphics/bridge drivers, and it didnt change anything in my device manager, do u know of any other programs that will give me more info on my motherboard so " WE " ( lol ) can get get my drivers? thx for the fast responses and help Broni.

heres the motherboard part of the log....

Motherboard:
CPU Type Intel Pentium 4 631, 3000 MHz (15 x 200)
Motherboard Name Unknown
Motherboard Chipset ATI Radeon Xpress 200
System Memory 3040 MB (DDR SDRAM)
BIOS Type AMI (04/11/07)

Edited by Clinetyme, 12 January 2009 - 11:37 PM.

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
ATI Radeon Xpress 200 <----this is your chipset

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
http://www.nodevice....0/get34998.html

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
Now wait, you're with Vista, right?

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I found couple of downloads with Vista listed:
http://asia.cnet.com...9520163s,00.htm
http://www.versiontr...info/win/159677

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
lol....thats funny u put nodevice.com. I just went there and found my drivers and it worked (thank god). Im w/ xp ( again ), but this computer originally came w/ Vista. I also have 2 more issues in my device manager there under " other devices" next to " PCI device ", both of them have a " ? " and a " ! " . That has always been there forever....all i have in my PCI slots are my ATI 2400 hd pro video card and my sound blaster live audio card. Both of them work fine and the drivers are up to date, i checked them a million and 1 times...any clue what that might be ? thx again for the help w/ that chipset driver, im burnin that sucker right now for further use.....

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
I'm glad, you sorted it out :)

I wouldn't worry too much about those other entries, if everything works fine.
You may try Unknown Device Identifier: http://www.zhangduo.com/udi.html

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 40 posts
U were right .... i shouldnt of worried about them .... but it was buggin me so i had to find out what they were and try to get the drivers for them. Turns out it was the high defenition audio drivers for my onboard audio, a cool little program that i downloaded called driver magician told me what they were, turns out ATI sold out to realtec in that division so it took a little time to find the drivers but all is good now. Thx again for all the help and support, now that my PC is back to normal i have a 500 gig hard drive to fill up w/ useless junk.... thx again :)

Broni

Broni

• 12,300 posts
You're welcome :)
500 is good (457 rather, in reality). After year, and a half of using drive like that, I still have 200GB left....what?!...where is my free space?? :)