Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

the virus just wont die!

• Please log in to reply

hateviruses

hateviruses

• Pip
  • 2 posts
hi there!

a very nice and helpful site you have here...

i was wondering if you could help me with something...

just under a month ago i clicked on one of those msn links and got a virus... i since got mcafee and removed it... then the next few days everything was ok but i could no longer sign into my msn, yahoo and gmail email accts as the passwords had been changed... so i abandoned those accts and did another antivirus scan together with adaware and spybot but nothing was found..

then a few days later everything was ok again until my 2nd msn acct got hacked into as well and is no longer accessible to me (this time though my new yahoo and gmail accts were left untouched)...

so i did all the scans again and some trojans were deleted...

now everything seems to be in working order again... except once i switch on my computer.. i have a pop up window that says:

Windows cannot find C:\\msnucti.exe.........

i know this is an indication that there is still a virus lurking somewhere in my computer... but i am doing all the scans everyday and no infected files are being found.... what do u suggest i do?

thanks!!!

Advertisements

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
try turning everything off on your start up. You can do this by clicking start and going to run. Type "msconfig" and hit enter. Go to the start up tab and disable all. Resart. Also make sure you have spyware as well as your antivirus. You can get spybot and ad-aware from here http://www.geekstogo...hp?showtopic=38

Make sure your Mcaffy is updated and run it as well as spybot and ad-aware.

hateviruses

hateviruses

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
oh dear... i tried to do what u said noobtech... but when i typed misconfig... windows said it cant find it....

noobtech

noobtech

• PipPip
  • 69 posts
its not "misconfig" its "msconfig" then go to the start up tab and disable all. This will turn off all those annoying programs that start up when windows starts up slowing down your system. If that doesnt work download "hijackthis" form the maleware removal section of the forums and post your problem and hijackthis log there and someone more knowledgable will help you.