Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Problem with Google Earth

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I am having a lot of trouble trying to get Goole Earth to operate, it has been known to work on this pc,twice in 6 months.
my problem is that as soon as I open the prog. there is a colour distortion along the toolbar and desktop wallpaper,
the Programe itself will not show perfect maps etc. they are made up by a series of thousands of dots.
I have a new nvidea 6200 graphic card 256mb, 1 gig memory,450 w psu.
nobody seems to be able to help me with this, I have reinstalled it 4 times all to no avail.
one little clue that may help is I get the same colour distortion of the toolbar when I open micrsoft word processor

Donald Soper

Donald Soper

• Pip
  • 5 posts

I have a similar problem except besides google earth now not working I am unable to get any map to work ie google map ,multimap, windows live etc , I am running am nvidia 5200 graphics card ,also running spybot s+d ,advance system care pro and Virgin pc guard with clean scans on all

Any ideas would be greatly appreciated as I need to use the maps a lot