Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Forward Email but Preserve Original Sender's Details

• Please log in to reply

mel_lopez

mel_lopez

• Pip
  • 6 posts
Hi There,

We're using Exchange 2003 and what I'd like to do is to automatically forward or re-direct email sent to a particular mail box on our system to another mailbox on another Exchange system of our sister company.

The problem I have is that the mailbox at our sister company has to send an automatic response back to the sender upon reciept of a message .

I am concerned that I may create an infinite loop and also the response needs to go back to the original sender not the forwarding mailbox.

So I was wondering is there a way to forward or re-direct email while preserving the original sender's details rather than using the details of the forwarding mailbox.

Any thoughts please?

Regards,

Mel

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
you should be able to open up the email account at location1 with outlook...then create a server-side rule to redirect the mail to the account at location 2...when creating the rule make sure to choose the "redirect to people or distribution lists" and make sure to uncheck the "on this machine only" and set it to do it on all mail that comes in...then test it