Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Background on MySpace is different than others/brothers

• Please log in to reply

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Hi,

My brother uses MySpace all the time. I do not. However as a test, I went to his page and under my name(administrator) his page loaded with a black background like it looks to everyone else.

Under his name(not administrator), the page loads as all white with mainly blue fonts. Somewhat generic looking.

Is his Firefox set differently?

Is it something under XP?

Let me know and thanks,

Advertisements

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Depends on which URL you wind up using. One is the page as everyone sees it that can't long in. The other is the one you see as owner of account which requires a login.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
See, hes the one on myspace...and he says the page is supposed to be black but its white.

I dont go to myspace and I dont have an account and the page is what he says its supposed to look like.

Pretty much the exact opposite of what you are saying it is supposed to be.

His page pretty much has no graphics, mine does, but I'm not even a member.

Let me know.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Got link?

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Here is the link to MySpace

I just noticed I went there on my name and now mine is an all white back ground. Could it be that MySpace just has a changing background depending on when you log in. I'm kinda getting confused now. I was just there like 20 minutes ago and it showed up mainly black.

I don't even have an account with them. Why would it be white one time and black the next.

Let me know.

Edited by JAR300, 13 January 2009 - 11:02 AM.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, that link is just to MySpace and not your page. What you get depends if you visit logged in or not and whether you use the user's site URL. For instance, mine would give you http://www.myspace.com/UserNameRemoved and that is the URL to my actual page. http://www.myspace.com/ will take you to a page that will be different depending if you arrive already logged in or not.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
So something like that has nothing to do with the browser settings, xp, or my computer? My brother seems to think it does...I could care less. LOL I'm just trying to help him. He gets in there and messes with my settings and it makes me mad!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
No, because I get the same thing on my sites at MySpace depend on where I set the browser to go and whether it remembers I have logged in or not. Maybe set up a limited account for your brother or password protect the settings you use for your account. You both can have separate settings when you login.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
Thanks a lot. I'll let him know.

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
You're welcome. Post back if you still think it's a problem.

Ferrari

Ferrari

PC SURGEON

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,939 posts
My brother doesn't seem to think this is what it is, but I feel quite confident that you know what you are talking about. I don't wanna waste your time any further...if its a big deal he'll continue to let me know I'm sure. I'll repost at that time.

Thanks for the info...I learned some from it at least!

Major Payne

Major Payne

Retired Staff

• Retired Staff
  • 5,307 posts
Well, I have two MySpace pages myself and it does what your brother says unless I'm logged in and/or I use the DIRECT link to my pages, but he may have a better solution to problem. If so, please post back with it. Always willing to learn something new, too.