Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Memory upgrade for compaq SR1316NX Desktop?

• Please log in to reply

trumbo2

trumbo2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I went to crucial.com and found that the following memory upgrade is reccomended for my computer:
1GB, 184-pin DIMM, DDR PC3200 pn ct539272 (specs: ddr pc3200/cl=3/unbuffered/non-ecc/ddr400/2.6v/128megx64) cost $30.99 each.
I need 2 of them. My qusetion is this? I fond a similar one at newegg.com and am wondering if it will be compatable. It is $54.99 for both. I'm not real familiar with computers but want to learn.

G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 184 pin DDR SDRAM DDR 400 (PC 3200) Dual Channel KIT Desktop Memory
Model F1-3200PHU2-2GBNS
Type 184 pin DDR SDRAM
Cas Latency 2.5
Timing 2.5-3-3-6
voltage 2.6v - 2.75v
heat spreader - yes
price: $54.99

My Computer information:
Compaq Presario SR1316NX/pn ps528aa/ windows xp sp2/
Processor: Sempron 3100+ 1.8 GHz
Motherboard: Asus K8S-LA (Salmon-GL6E)
Memory installed: 512 MB
Max allowed: 2.0 GB (2 X 1 GB)
Speed supported: PC3200 MB/sec, 184 pin, DDR SDRAM

Will the G.Skill work? Is the computer worth updating? Or should I just buy a new computer?

Thank you,
trumbo2

Advertisements

TM_Skylark

TM_Skylark

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
The only thing that worries me about the RAM is the fact that it runs at 2.6 volts. If you can get into your BIOS and figure out how much voltage is running to your RAM and change that value then it won't matter.

Check that out before purchasing, otherwise you should be good to go.