Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

RPC SERVER

• Please log in to reply

ROLLNGEE

ROLLNGEE

• Pip
  • 3 posts
HELLO, I NEED HELP WITH AN ISSUE I'M HAVING PERTAINING TO THE RPC SERVER. I CAN'T INSTALL MY PRINTER(HP OFFICEJET 6510XI). I GET ERROR MESSAGE RPC SERVICE NOT RUNNING, WHEN I TRY TO INSTALL. ALSO THIS COMES UP, MSI.SELFINSTALLINGPORTMONITOR. WENT INTO SYSTEM SERVICES.MSC, AND TRIED TO START RPC, BUT DOES NOT WORK. PLEASE HELP :)

ROLLNGEE

Edited by ROLLNGEE, 13 January 2009 - 02:08 PM.

Advertisements

makai

makai

Portlock - Oahu

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,793 posts
I read your Registry Cleaner thread. Once you mess with the registry, there is no way to tell what exactly happened.

You seem to have two obvious choices... do a System Restore to a point before you messed with the registry, or a Windows repair. HERE is a link to GTG's Windows repair version.