Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Laptop acting stupid..

• Please log in to reply

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
It doesn't do anything ecvept what the video shows.

Advertisements

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
that's a pretty bad video...are you having to keep pressing the power button to get the lights to cycle or what?

a better description of what's going on would be helpful

mcdanielnc89

mcdanielnc89

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 171 posts
Yes I keep having to turn it on for it to just do that. It goes right back off. Basically that's all it does now. I dunno how else to explain it.

dsenette

dsenette

Je suis Napoléon!

• Community Leader
  • 26,047 posts
  • MVP
well...that could be anything under the sun....could be a bad power supply, bad power cable, bad processor, bad motherboard, bad hard drive (less likely), bad anything that's causing a short, mice in the computer (don't laugh...seen it happen...though not with a laptop), you're not holding your mouth right when you press the button....

IMO there's too many possibilities to accurately troubleshoot on a laptop via a forum....if it were a desktop we could have you remove everything and test each piece of equipment one at a time....not doable with a laptop....i suggest you locate a reputable computer shop or contact HP to see if the device is still under warranty