Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Philips DVD+-RW SDVD8820 Issue

• Please log in to reply

precious_woman

precious_woman

• Pip
  • 2 posts
I have had my laptop for about a year and a half. I got a nasty virus a few months ago and I had to scrub the drive in order to get the beast up and running again. After I did that I my DVD burner stopped burning. I was using Nero 7. It would go through the motions of burning then tell me the burn was successful and then when I would plunk the DVD (or CD) in to another player it would tell me the disk was not finalized. I figured it was something with the software so I have tried other products and still have had the same issue. The strangest thing is that I can burn CD's through iTunes, but can't burn anything else with anything else. The drive reads disks with no problems. Can anyone help me get my drive back up and running? It's frustrating as [bleep]! :)

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Any errors in Device Manager regarding the drive?

precious_woman

precious_woman

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 2 posts
Nope, device manager says the drive is working fine.