Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

My Sony VAIO XP Laptop keeps restarting non-stop

• Please log in to reply

Miss_MC

Miss_MC

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hello All,
My name is Marie, I was referred to this site from a friend who said this site saved her computer. So to all you heroes out there, I am a damsel and her computer in distress crying for help!
I do not know much about computers personally, I use mozilla firefox, word, and excel, and itunes.
I had my computer for 4 years now, I have a sony vaio 2005. It has XP for an operating system.
Today, my computer started restarting over and over and right before it shuts down spontaneously it shows a flash of a blue screen that i do not have time to read, it says something about an error. This is the first time I have a problem with this computer. I have had no anti-virus for several months now, this is the result of my boyfriend's friend installing a trial version of one and deleting the one I had (norton anti-virus which i no longer have).
I dont know what to do now, I have a lot of work to do that requires excel and word and e-mail.
Please help me.
Marie

PS If it helps, it says this on the screen corner on a sticker: VGN-BX565B
And underneath it says: Personal computer DC 19.5V Model PCG-9W2L

Edited by Miss_MC, 13 January 2009 - 10:26 PM.

Advertisements

Broni

Broni

Kraków my love :)

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,300 posts
Will it boot OK to Safe Mode?

mastermind86

mastermind86

• Pip
  • 1 posts
im having the exact same problem with my sony vaio laptop and keeps restarting no matter which option i choose. i get the same flash of the blue error screen right before restating. have any luck?

marisa666

marisa666

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi there,

Did you get this problem sorted? My Vaio laptop has started doing the exact same thing just today... I don't even get the menu which has the options to start in safe mode!

I just attempted a system restore in the brief seconds I had before it restarted itself and it is now logging off.... so fingers crossed... Bugger.

Just as it was in the middle of the system restore, it restarted itself with that flash of the blue error screen.

S**t