Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

network folders not accessible

• Please log in to reply

tokicku

tokicku

• PipPip
  • 10 posts
I have one pc running windows 7 and the other running windows vista and both are networked. I have both computers set to share all drives so that I can move files back and forth and have not had any problems until now. I'm not sure what happened but now if I'm on my vista machine everything is accessible through the network on the other computer but if im on the windows 7 computer some of my folders on the shared vista computer have a gray x over them and when I click on them they say "folder is not accessible. you might not have permission to use this network resource. Contact the administrator of this server to find out if you have access permissions. This file is currently not available for use on this computer." and the folders I can access all appear to be empty (even though there not). I have the network set up with full permissions on both computers and it was working fine a few days ago. Any ideas? Any help will be greatly appreciated..........................Thanks , Tim

Edited by tokicku, 14 January 2009 - 09:07 PM.

Advertisements

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
stop the folders being shared so there a standard folder.

Then try re sharing them?

tokicku

tokicku

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 10 posts

stop the folders being shared so there a standard folder.

Then try re sharing them?

I tried that. I even tried disabling all of the networking and then starting over and they still wont work. I'm starting to think that its a windows 7 problem since its a beta and I never had this problem with vista ultimate.