Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Ps3 console and ps2 games

• Please log in to reply

nethkhar

nethkhar

• PipPip
  • 45 posts
Hi,

I have been tyring to get info on if the latest 80g PS3 can play PS2 games. There was an old question about this but that was from apr 2007.

I have been trying to find out on the internet what the current state of affairs is with this issue, but get conflicting views and I have no idea how old these articles are.

There is even conflicting info on the sony site so I'm unsure as to what I'm reading.

So can anyone tell me if an 80G PS3 bought in the UK is capable of playing PS2 games or not.

Thanks for any advice.

:)

Advertisements

sync0s

sync0s

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
It must work as it still allows you to make ps2 memory cards under data. So, I found this on Yahoo answers:

Sheesh lot of answers very little help.

60 gig model plays 95% of ps1 and 2 games
80 gig model plays 80% of ps1 and 2 games
40 gig model plays ZERO ps2 games and 90% of ps1 games.

The 40 gig model is the newest at $399
The 80 gig comes with motorstorm at $499
The 60 gig is discontinued, But you may be able to find it at the store. At around $499

So I guess it comes down to whether your ps2 game is one of the "80%" that works... strange eh

Edited by sync0s, 18 January 2009 - 02:24 AM.

nethkhar

nethkhar

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts
Thanks for the info and well found I searched for ages to try and get info and got nowhere.

Thanks for the effort.

:)

sync0s

sync0s

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
No problem. Good luck on getting those games to work

Phillios

Phillios

• PipPip
  • 23 posts
HELLO! Late reply but hope this helps anyone wondering the same thing.

In the UK only the 60GB PS3 plays PS2 games.

The 40GB, 80GB, and 160GB models will only play PS3 and PS1 games.

habona03

habona03

• Pip
  • 1 posts
hey does any1 any1 know of a setup tat can run a ps3 game on a pc????like a bios emulator....well this might sound a stupid question but....i ve been droolin over the various games they release for the console....especially single player rpg.....but there r very few of them for the pc....if not a ps3 then atleast a ps2????im desperate!!!