Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Several Startup problems

• Please log in to reply

naimickmac23

naimickmac23

• Pip
  • 3 posts
First of all i'm working with a Dell Latitude D610 laptop with XP professional installed. I work as a tech at a hospital and this is a computer of one of my doctors. He comes to me and says it won't start. There are major things I have found wrong with the start up. 1: When windows is starting up I get the winlogon.exe error message box. 2: After I click ok on that one, I get lsass.exe error message. I don't know what to do with either of these. If anyone can help, that would be great.

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Could you post a few more details ? When do you get the lsass.exe error ? when you have physically logged into Windows ? And when does the Winlogon.exe error message box display ?

naimickmac23

naimickmac23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
Both messages occur before windows starts. I can not get into windows at all. The Dell logo comes up, the goes to the microsoft logo for about 2 solid minutes then I get the messages. I can not start in safe mode either.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I Suspect that you have malware on your machine. I suggest you take your log to the malware doctors found in this forum.
Please make sure that you read this before posting anything in the malware forum.

If you're still having problems after the malware doctors declare your log clean feel free to post back here and we'll help you to the best of our knowledge! :)

Regards,
Olrik

naimickmac23

naimickmac23

• Topic Starter
  • Pip
  • 3 posts
I am not sure if I can run a malaware program because I can't get into the machine at all. If i can run the malaware from a disk, then I guess I could. But I can't do jack except watch the dell logo come, then watch the windows logo come up, the my two message errors.

Artellos

Artellos

Tech Secretary

• Global Moderator
  • 3,915 posts
I'm sorry, I misunderstood your first post :)
If you have the windows XP Disk belonging to that computer you can try doing a Windows Repair

Regards,
Olrik