Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Ask a Quick Question, Get a Quick Answer!

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

TM_Skylark

TM_Skylark

• PipPip
  • 20 posts
Hello! If these kinds of posts are forbidden by the Geeks to Go forums, then by all means, remove this post - however I don't think I saw any sort of rule against these sorts of topics, so I'm just going to go ahead for now.

Just ask your Computer Building Related question here and I'll try to answer it within 24 hours. Don't be shy, all questions are good questions (mostly).

If you need to know about computer building in general, FSB, HyperTransports, RAM speed, DDR2 vs DDR3, hard drive speeds, etc. I'll do my absolute best to answer your question in a timely manner.

Advertisements

Onaipian

Onaipian

Notepad warrior

• Retired Staff
  • 2,130 posts
Hello :) How are you?

They aren't against the TOU, but topics like this really aren't necessary... The whole point to this forum is so that people can ask questions, and receive answers and/or help from others... Creating your own thread to help people inside a forum to help people shouldn't be needed...

If you wish to give help to others, it would be best to help them in the user's thread...

:) Hope I explained it as well as thought it in my head. :) That sort of thing is the reason I will never become a teacher :)

Edited by piano9playa5, 14 January 2009 - 02:02 PM.

stettybet0

stettybet0

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 2,579 posts
Very well said, piano9playa5.

In fact, I'd go as far to say that this topic is against the TOU. The TOU says help can only be offered on the forum, not via personal message. By making this topic, and laying down the ground rules that people will ask you, specifically, a question, and then you, specifically, will give them an answer, you are, in essence, making a public "private message". Basically, you are defeating the point of the forum by making a topic in which only one person can provide help.

So, I'm going to close this topic. As piano9playa5 said, there are plenty of topics out there for you to help in if you wish. If you have further questions, please contact a moderator or admin.

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Administrator
  • 24,504 posts
Agreed, redundant.