Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Please, NEED HELP!

• Please log in to reply

James105

James105

• Pip
  • 2 posts
:) I have a serious problem, and frankly, its starting to baffle me a little. I have to fix this soon or buy another computer.

System specs that I can remember are:
Intel D865PEARL MotherBoard
(NEW) Thermaltake TR2-430W Power Supply
(NEW) ATI Radeon X1650 pro Sapphire – Graphics Card – 512mb of memory.

First: My Computer just went dead one day. It still seemed to switch on, but my box wasn't speaking to the screen. So I checked it out on the Internet, turned out that my particular screen had a bad rep for going dead on people 2 weeks after purchase. So, I figured it was just the screen, and got a new one.... Still didn't work. (However, I think the screen was dead anyway, seeing that it doesn't work on any other computer either).

Second: Thought it might be the Graphics Card, (needed an upgrade anyway, so I decided to get one), they sent me the wrong card at first, but I got the right one today. Still doesn't work.

I get the same thing all the time, power to the screen, but all black. I switch it on, it says “NO SIGNAL”and goes strait to standby, as if it's just not detecting anything.

Im praying it's not the video card, but I've tried everything I can think of. The new screen does work on other computers, so its not that. The new video card works on other computers, so it's not faulty. Hard drives have all been checked, jumpers and all (I dont think that makes much difference). Also, just to save from to many stupid questions... yes, everything is plugged in! :)

I've got new cables, the screen and video card work. My question is simply this... Before I run out and buy another computer or motherboard... Am I Missing Anything??? Do I have other options?

Thankyou for taking the time to read this. Any Suggestions at all are more then welcome. :)

James

Edited by James105, 15 January 2009 - 03:04 AM.

Advertisements