Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

How to disable....

• Please log in to reply

Clinetyme

Clinetyme

• PipPip
  • 40 posts
Im going thru my running process and i have IoctlSvc.exe running....I found an article that says....

"despite using very little memory this service performs no function other than seriously impact the performance of some PCs. On some PCs this service will often cause PC slowness or random freezes. Immediately disable this task by setting its Startup Mode to Disabled on the Services tab - your thumb drive (Memory stick / Flash memory / USB memory / Pen Drive) will work fine without it"

What i dont know, is exactly where to go to disable this...where is my service tab. Can anyone help me disable this useless PC eating junk...thx in advance.

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Right click My Computer > Manage, In the right hand side pane click services and applications > and then services again this will display all the services installed on your system and allow you to control which services do what. Be careful disabling/stopping the wrong service may cause instability with your computer system.