Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Virtumonde followed by blue screen

• Please log in to reply

eK2

eK2

• Pip
  • 1 posts
Hi, I've had Virtumonde before in December and succesfully got rid of it ( using autorun manager and having someone do it for me through teamviewer :) ) and I booted up yesterday to find I've had it again. However I managed to get rid of it by simply using spyware doctor, while in the middle of scanning I was referred to two tools, FxVmonde and MundoFix. Mundo fix was useless and told me I didn't even have virtumonde even though I saw it on my spyware doctor results; but fXv monde gave me a microsoft c++ error halfway through scanning ( I don't remember exactly what it said). This error then led to a blue screen, anytime I tried to use fxvmonde. Shortly after, I blue screened randomly, tried logging in 9 times in a row and crashing every single time. It has now settled down (It was constantly crashing on specific folders that had to do with Wegame, a recording program, or still crashes when I try to access my All Programs list through the start menu) but still crashes quite often.

So that was the background story, on to the technical stuff.
The error code I get is exactly as follows:
0x00000050 (0xED3D71000,0X0000000,0XVA91D8D6,0X0000001)

According to what I've read it could be a driver problem. The day (yesterday) that these crashes occured I did a windows update ( for malicious software removal tool, which I can't even find on my computer ) and Shortly after updated my 9800 gtX+ drivers thinking that was what was causing the crash. It wasn't. My sound card is a X-Fi extreme audio, which I doubt is what's causing this also.
As far as antivirus's I had pc tools antivirus, spyware doctor, and avg. I did, however, uninstall pc tools antivirus yesterday also as I just no longer used it.

If anyone could help me figure out what's going on, how I can fix it etc.. It would be much appreciated, thanks.

Note: I am pretty bad with software as you can see, but am even worse with hardware so going fiddling around in the case will be iffy for me.

Thanks in advance

Advertisements