Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works

Need help finding installers for unkown drivers

• Please log in to reply

• Pip
  • 1 posts
My Aunt purchased a custom built computer from a friend from work but he failed to send with her the installer discs for all the drivers. she received a blank computer. This computer is supposed to really good video drivers and such but they are not installed. I need help figuring out what they are and where i can get the drivers installed. The guy who built it has been unresponsive and generally unhelpful in all ways. Please help me

This is the info I can find using my device manager:

"Other PCI Bridge Device"
Details: Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0057&SUBSYS_81411043&REV_F3\3&241 1E6FE&0&50

"SM Bus Controller"
Details: Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0052&SUBSYS_815A1043&REV_A2\3&241 1E6FE&0&09

"Video Controller (VGA Compatible)"
Details: Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0140&SUBSYS_21181682&REV_A2\4&243 D7BD0&0&0070

"Video Controller (VGA Compatible)"
Details: Device Instance ID: PCI\VEN_10DE&DEV_0140&SUBSYS_21181682&REV_A2\4&55B 9A7D&0&0068

Tell me how to find what other Information you may need. I really don't know squat about computers when it comes to the technical stuff. I'm just trying to help my Aunt.

• PipPipPip
  • 283 posts
If this is a self build not a company one

The best way is to open the computer and look on the motherboard for a make and model number, also the version number which is sometimes in a corner. see picture

If the video card is not an onboard one you will have to take that out and look for the number and make on the card, is it an PCI, AGP, PCI-EXPRESS card.

Same for the sound if it is not onboard.

I use EVEREST Home Edition free system diagnostics, system information

use this to find the motherboard number, if the incorrect drivers are installed it will give you a false info.

The program does have links to manufactures sites,

Attached Thumbnails

• untitled1.JPG

• PipPipPip
  • 796 posts
According to the vendor id # these are all nVidia products.
Go to nVidias website and let it scan the computer to find which drivers are needed.