Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

A8R-MVP Won't Load OS - Possible Sata Problem?

• Please log in to reply

Cerebral Ailment

Cerebral Ailment

• PipPip
  • 19 posts
Greetings,

I have a ASUS A8R-MVP Mobo with 2 x gigs ram, 500gb SATA HD, and some other things. Pretty much I got mobo to load bios by switching out the Power Supply. Before I didn't even have BIOS. After I switched out the PS I loaded up windows XP and got to the log-in and they asked for activation.

I shut off the computer and a week later when I started it up it won't load the OS. It goes to a screen and says no bootable device found, although it lists the SATA HD (That's in SATA Slot #1) in the IDE 3RD MASTER slot. I have been fooling around with it for ever and I'm not sure whats up.

I have the orignal BIOS, and I tried to upgrade today but no luck. Cannot read .ROM File or something.

Has anyone else had this problem? Any help would be appreciated.
My NEXT MOBO Won't be a ASUS that's for sure. This POS was giving to me so I can't go wrong I suppose.

-Cerebral

Advertisements

Cerebral Ailment

Cerebral Ailment

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
?? im stmped

amd64fx

amd64fx

• PipPip
  • 16 posts
I have alot of knowledge with ASUS motherboards. They can be picky. Make sure no usb device is plugged in and go into bios and make sure the boot device is the sata drive. Maybe the os is wiped out easy way to tell is load the windows cd and when it say press any key to continue then u know a os is there.

Cerebral Ailment

Cerebral Ailment

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 19 posts
Sweet, well maybe you can tell me if I should just junk this mobo and wait to get a new one?

I have a AMD 2.0 Duo Core Processor, that I can Overclock, which should bring me some speed right??

Anyways, I can't select a boot device, it only show's IDE drives, so i'm trying to update the BIOS but I can't find a fricken floppy diskeette now, and I'm not paying $10 I don't have for a 8pack from radio shack =(