Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

CScript Error - Windows XP

• Please log in to reply

wambo

wambo

• PipPip
  • 42 posts
Not to sure on many of the details, but a random cscript error pops up randomly while using the pc.

Any help would be hugely appreciated :)

Advertisements

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Might be down to the fact you're using Windows 7 Beta? It's still in testing stages.

wambo

wambo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Dont mean to sound cocky but i did post this topic in the "Windows XP™, 2000, 2003, NT" section. lol.

So that rules that one out :) cheers though.

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
Okay. My apologies there. Besides that could be anything you haven't really specified much about the error just it's a random cscript error. Okay after a little research it would appear that the cause of the problem is CScript.exe. To resolve this issue, use Registry Editor to correct the path to Cscript.exe. The Cscript.exe file is located in the Windows\Command folder.

In the following Registry keys, replace the System\Unknown part of the value data with Command.
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JSEFile\Shell\Open2\Command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\JSFile\Shell\Open2\Command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBEFile\Shell\Open2\Command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\VBSFile\Shell\Open2\Command
HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\WSFFile\Shell\Open2\Command

Assuming you know what you're doing, Remember to back up the registry always before making any changes!

Edited by Teddie1, 15 January 2009 - 06:49 AM.

wambo

wambo

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 42 posts
Thanks my friend. Sorry about the vague description but that all I have to. Its not for me personally.

I'll let them know about this and see what happens, and I will let you know.

Once again thanks so much.

Teddie1

Teddie1

• PipPip
  • 44 posts
I do like to help and i really hope this does solve your problem, Do let us know. :)