Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Run32.dll ERROR [CLOSED]

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

ashish

ashish

• PipPip
  • 39 posts
Whenever i try to run Age of Empires 2 as i click on the exe file the screen goes black and again returns to normal without starting the game and the mouse hangs and all the folders color changes to grey. The keyboard works fine but i have to restart the PC for normal look and the mouse to work. And when i restart the PC after the problem the display setting is automatically changed to 16/256 color option. When i try to change the setting back to High/True color again some run32.dll error occurs and again the color of folders changes to grey and the mouse hangs and i have to restart the PC. But this time PC starts in color setting which i selected when the run32.dll error occurs.

Please help.

The following hijackthis log file is created when some programs like Opera, Drierguide, Kazaa, Zone Alarm were working.

Logfile of HijackThis v1.97.7
Scan saved at 11:18:05 PM, on 7/6/04
Platform: Windows 98 SE (Win9x 4.10.2222A)
MSIE: Internet Explorer v6.00 (6.00.2600.0000)

Running processes:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\KERNEL32.DLL
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MSGSRV32.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\MPREXE.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\mmtask.tsk
C:\WINDOWS\EXPLORER.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FREERAM XP PRO 1.40.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\DDHELP.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ELITECORE\CYBEROAM CLIENT FOR 24ONLINE\CYBEROAMCLIENT.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\ZONE LABS\ZONEALARM\ZLCLIENT.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\VSMON.EXE
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\ZONELABS\ISAFE.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\OPERA7\OPERA.EXE
C:\PROGRAM FILES\KAZAA LITE K++\KAZAALITE.KPP
C:\PROGRAM FILES\DRIVERGUIDE TOOLKIT\DRVGDTK1.EXE
D:\VIMP SOFTWARES\HIJACKTHIS\HIJACKTHIS.EXE

R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {06849E9F-C8D7-4D59-B87D-784B7D6BE0B3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\ADOBE\ACROBAT 6.0\READER\ACTIVEX\ACROIEHELPER.DLL
O3 - Toolbar: FlashGet Bar - {E0E899AB-F487-11D5-8D29-0050BA6940E3} - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\FGIEBAR.DLL
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [FreeRAM XP] "C:\WINDOWS\DESKTOP\FREERAM XP PRO 1.40.EXE" -win
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [Handy Backup 3.9] C:\PROGRAM FILES\NOVOSOFT\HANDY BACKUP\hbagent.exe -logon
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [warez] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAREZ P2P CLIENT\WAREZ.EXE" -h
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download using FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_link.htm
O8 - Extra context menu item: Download All by FlashGet - C:\PROGRAM FILES\FLASHGET\jc_all.htm
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: Sun Java Console (HKLM)
O9 - Extra button: FlashGet (HKLM)
O9 - Extra 'Tools' menuitem: &FlashGet (HKLM)

Advertisements

admin

admin

Founder Geek

• Community Leader
  • 24,639 posts
Try removing the FreeRAM program, I'm not a big believer in RAM optimizing programs, and it may be causing compatabilty problems.

Please go offline, close all browsers and any open Windows, making sure that only HijackThis is open. Scan and when it finishes, put an X in the boxes, only next to these following items, then click fix checked.
R0 - HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
R0 - HKLM\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main,Local Page =
O2 - BHO: (no name) - {A5366673-E8CA-11D3-9CD9-0090271D075B} - (no file)

I'd guess this entry is installed with Kazaa, and it may not work without it, but it's likely spyware related.
O4 - HKCU\..\Run: [warez] "C:\PROGRAM FILES\WAREZ P2P CLIENT\WAREZ.EXE" -h

ashish

ashish

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 39 posts
Thanks a lot,

my problem is solved

Kat

Kat

Retired

• Retired Staff
  • 19,711 posts
  • MVP
Due to lack of feedback, this topic has been closed.

If you need this topic reopened, please contact a staff member. This applies only to the original topic starter. Everyone else please begin a New Topic.