Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Can't Install DX 9.0c

• This topic is locked This topic is locked

Redlazer

Redlazer

• PipPip
  • 82 posts
Hello again : )

Just came from the Hardware department, Doby helped me out up there with some issues. Local repair place said to fix it with a reformat, so i did, and here i am now with a fresh install.

Fixed the last problems with a reformat, but now i only have different problems : /

I need to reinstall DX 9.0c, currently installed is 9.0b. I tried to reinstall DX witha 9.0c installer, but it says its already installed, and theres no option to reinstall it.

Also, i cannot get to Windows Update to install SP2, which installs DX9.0c... Says the my date and time are wrong. How irritating. Went through what they said to do and it didnt help. Although, SP2 is supposedly already installed....

Help is appreaciated! Thanks to all who help.

-Red

Advertisements

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
go to your clock in the system tray and double click on it. if your year is set wrong it won't allow you to update your system properly. also go into your bios and check your date and time there.

Redlazer

Redlazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
That fixed the isue, thankyou : )

However, when i downloaded the new updates, my computer blue screened on restart.

I did a repair install of windows, which fixed the issue, however, i can once again not use Windows Update, and i do not know why. I get the error code 0x800706F7 when trying to view the updates.

I have been having HUGE amounts of problems with this machine, i simply cannot believe it.

Do you think switching to Windows 2000 Pro would fix any of these issues?

-Red

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you can download
sp2 here

Redlazer

Redlazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Upon installation., i get the following error message:

"This service pack cannot be installed on top of the Windows Service Pack 2 build currently installed on your computer...."

: /

-Red

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
if you can burn a cd. you can slipstream sp2 onto your xp cd by using this tool: http://autopatcher.c...tostreamer.html

you may also try autopatcher and see if it can bring your system back to normal.

once you have xp/wp2 intergrated you can boot from the cd and do a repair. Don't go into recovery console. Just act like your going to install xp again. once it looks for existing os's installed it will prompt you to repair. this will overlay the os.

Redlazer

Redlazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
ok ill do that.

But i should say that according to My Computer, it says i am using windows SP2. Version .2096

-Red

Redlazer

Redlazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
their link isnt working.

Ill look around for an alt.

-Red

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
you have a leagal copy of xp right? Just have to veryify that.

here is a link, I think this might account for your scenerio: http://www.flexbeta.....php/t5136.html

thanks,
Starjax

Redlazer

Redlazer

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 82 posts
Sure dont.

And cannot afford to buy one, now if they where the price of normal software, id be first in line, but 100$ for anything software related is idiotic.

Ill check out th link, thanks.

-Red

starjax

starjax

Global Moderator

• Global Moderator
  • 6,678 posts
closing topic. we are unable to provide support to illegeally opbtain software. Please see our Terms of Service http://www.geekstogo...?act=boardrules