Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

PWR_LED Light on Motherboard

• Please log in to reply

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I bought a barebone kit from tigerdirect back in august, havent got the computer to work yet because they sent me a faulty power supply first, then they sent me a PCIE video card instead of a PCIE 2.0, so i finally got that and i set everything up correctly, but when i plug the computer in, all that happens is a light on the mobo comes on and above it it says PWR_LED, does anyone have any idea why my computer wont turn on?

Advertisements

123Runner

123Runner

Member 4k

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,527 posts
Usually that indicates power is on the board, but the psu needs a signal to start.
The most common is that the connectors for the front panel aren't connected properly.

Do you get any fans turning on?
Do you get any beebs?

Who is the manufacturer of the board? You should have a manual to verify all the connections.

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
the manufacturer of the board is XFX, i have all the front panel connector set up correctly, i took them all out and put them back in and it stll wouldnt start up.

and no beeps or fans coming on but my CPU fan does move a tiny bit when i flick the power on, so as you said it must not be getting a signal to start, any other ideas?

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
I hate to bump but im still stuck with this issue, can anyone help?

Anthraqz

Anthraqz

• Topic Starter
  • PipPipPip
  • 125 posts
so im still stuck with this if anyone can help..