Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Need help with your computer or device? Want to learn new tech skills? You're in the right place!
Geeks to Go is a friendly community of tech experts who can solve any problem you have. Just create a free account and post your question. Our volunteers will reply quickly and guide you through the steps. Don't let tech troubles stop you. Join Geeks to Go now and get the support you need!

How it Works Create Account
Photo

Used Registry Cleaner

• Please log in to reply

eljae

eljae

• Pip
  • 1 posts
I kept getting the Blue Screen: remove any newly installed hardware/software; update bios, disable bio memory option;run driver verifer;IRQL_NL_OR EQUAL; nv4_mini.sys, etc. not knowing what to do I downloaded the Registry Cleaner and "cleaned up" some files. I only guessed that these files may be causing my Blue Screen. I permanently emptied all of these files with CCleaner and restarted my computer. The computer came on but I was unable to launch any files or program when I doubled clicked them. I went to Computer to check there and it does not show any files or hardware. All I have is Windows screen with copies of the program shortcuts. I inserted Windows XP SP2 with hopes of reinstalling the files, but that does not launch either. I did manage to open a file with the DVD hardware and it said "Launcher_Windowsinstaller.exe" I know I really screwed up by not being technically knowledgeable. I downloaded Registry Cure using another computer and copied in onto a CD with the hope that this would solve my problem, but the program did not launch. Please advise. Thank you. Eljae

Advertisements

The Skeptic

The Skeptic

Trusted Tech

• Technician
  • 4,075 posts
try to repair windows through Recovery Console. Use the link in my list below (XP repair) for instructions.