Welcome to Geeks to Go - Register now for FREE

Geeks To Go is a helpful hub, where thousands of volunteer geeks quickly serve friendly answers and support. Check out the forums and get free advice from the experts. Register now to gain access to all of our features, it's FREE and only takes one minute. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, post status updates, manage your profile and so much more.

Create Account How it Works
Photo

Random Problems

• Please log in to reply

Jrt2006

Jrt2006

• PipPip
  • 28 posts
I couldnt possibly fit all the details in the topic description, sorry.

Basically, I've got an older laptop that was given to me for personal use being I could get it to work. It had no power cord/adapter and a shattered screen. I've replaced both. Now I have a problem with the system. Don't know where the problem is originating from or whats causing it.

Randomly, i will get the blue fatal error crash screen, a simple hard reboot will solve the problem most of the time, although occasionally it boots to just a black screen, then I have to reboot a few more times.

Also, I get a problem with the network adapter. After installing the proper drivers it works, I connect to the internet and everything is fine. Then the computer will freeze, so I reboot it. After rebooting it wont connect to the internet, says that the network adapter is missing? Only way I've found to fix that problem is when I re-install a fresh copy of windows and the drivers to go with it. It works for some time then happens again.

I've done all possible upgrades, for windows, for the network adapter, for the video, sound etc. It seems to happen more and quicker when the updated drivers are installed rather then the old ones. I'm running off the old ones with a few not even installed now.

i don't know what I could posibly download and run to give you a good report to analyze anything but am willing to if pointed in the right direction. Given the computer lasts that long.

My computer is a Toshiba M45-S2962 model. Its all basic, only upgrade is an additional 512mb of memory to give me 1GB...

any help is welcome and much appreciated

Advertisements

Jrt2006

Jrt2006

• Topic Starter
  • PipPip
  • 28 posts
Update:

Seems to happen when the laptop detects and installs new hardware automatically, happened 2 times since the first post and both occured when the PCI Bus card was detected and installed as well as the 1334 bus card or something rather close to that, I dont remember the exact names...